• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Downloads page not loading properly?

J

jx233

Is downloads page supposed to do this?

I think this is a bug or something.

I'm browsing on IE6 btw.

Can someone explain why the downloads page is messed up like this?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's not really a bug, but I will try to fix it. It's more of an issue with IE6: the browser is older than dirt now and doesn't render CSS properly. The page shows up fine in IE7/8 and nearly every other browser.

On a separate note, may I ask why you are still using IE6? It is very outdated and not secure, especially since Microsoft no longer releases updates for it.

january39

eXo Staff
Yeah i have no problems u/l or d/l on XP with Firefox

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
On a separate note, may I ask why you are still using IE6? It is very outdated and not secure, especially since Microsoft no longer releases updates for it.

I appreciate the bug fix yet to come. Thank you.

And concering IE6, believe me or not, but IE6 operates very well and fast on my PC compared to Firefox (which lags and freezes) and Opera (which has installation problems). IE7 has the "not responding" bug on so many sites I visit, so I guess I have to stick with IE6. :sad:

january39 said:
Yeah i have no problems u/l or d/l on XP with Firefox

Firefox lags and freezes, sometimes, it sometimes cannot connect to certain websites.

january39

eXo Staff
Firefox lags and freezes, sometimes, it sometimes cannot connect to certain websites.

I have never had that problem at all.

J

jx233

january39 said:
I have never had that problem at all.

I do have one of the latest Firfoxes, it's wierd that on my PC it has problems with certain websites (especially PHP coded ones I noticed).

xero1

jx233, Did you update to 3.0.10, or have a PHP/ad script blocker installed that might be miss-configured?

J

jx233

I do not have adblocker installed. The only thing I have that blocks ads is Trend Micro. maybe it could interfering with Firefox?

My Firefox is 3.01.0 like you said and default configuration, so maybe its just my PC that is bad with Firefox or my firewall intering.

I guess I'm stuck with IE6 as my solution.
*sigh*

Jake

You could always try Google Chrome, its all I use on my xp machine.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Also, try updating Flash player if you have it installed. Perhaps you have an older version and it isn't playing nice with the more recent browsers...

Jake

PHP Is a server-side executed programming language -.-

don't see why it would give you problems :X

I have had issues with php pages with firefox in the past, firefox wanted to download them, not display them.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
Also, try updating Flash player if you have it installed. Perhaps you have an older version and it isn't playing nice with the more recent browsers...

I have Flash Player 10, the latest one. It doesn't cause interferences at all.

Darkchild said:
never had that o.o
though I still think the problem would be server side

MforMature, Maxconsole, and other PHP sites don't do well with the FireFox installed on my PC.

Alex

Or maybe its hardware, doesnt support enogh ram or something?

even at 256mb firefox has wroked on my XP.

i would try googling for solutions....