• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downloads section launched

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
exodownloads.png

Today we're announcing the arrival of the eXophase.com Downloads section, a centralized database for homebrew, game demos, and themes. It *is* still in beta, so expect new features to be added over time. Check it out by hitting up the link below. And as always, any comments or suggestions are welcome!

eXophase.com Downloads

Alex

Great idea, I would of thought you would of used the same layout here over at the downloads section...
I'm going to be using it alot. :)

J

jx233

Good work x3sphere. I was asking about this lately.

I hope we can make eXophase compete with QJ.Net or Consolespot.

Also, I would like to say, this is so cool! :w00t:

MenaceInc

Staff Member
looking pretty good :)
I think a button at the top of the site beside forums would be pretty sweet

angelsniper45

awsome!! no more qj.net for me... :thumbup:

J

jx233

angelsniper45 said:
awsome!! no more qj.net for me... :thumbup:

Same for me. Bye bye QJ.Net. :) The updates they have are good, its just that site is a noob and flamefest community. QJ.Net lacks the "law and order" other homebrew sites have.

J

jx233

eXophase already has "law and order", and I'm happy for that. :w00t:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

EvilSeph

Administrator
Finally, I've been waiting so long for this to go live :)

Excellent work as always, x3 :)

J

jx233

My suggestion for a good PC download in the future PC section- Project64 emulator.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
why wasn't this on the news portal? o.o

It will be. Wanted to make sure everything was running smooth before posting it on the main page.

B2K24

<p>GREAT WORK x3sphere !!!!!
Very impressive site and the screen shots are beautiful. I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep up the awesome work. Thanks so much.
No more QJ for me :)</p>

Is there any way to post comments with account from here when viewing the file information on the download site?

I think it would be a cool added feature. People might wanna read comments about a homebrew or theme before downloading and if they had troubles it could be answered right there instead of threads on here and such.

Jake

Thanks for this, once its up ill never have to leave exophase for my gaming needs.

Could you add the file size on the downloads page? I always like to know how big things are before I download them.

Oh and for some reason when I click download the page goes to the top and I have to click download again to start it. I'm using firefox on ubuntu.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Jake: Yeah, file size can be added. That info is already stored in the DB, just will need to find a good place to put it. Is the refresh issue still occurring? Should be fixed, though I've noticed situations where it still can happen... for example if you keep a file info page open, go to another one, then click download on the previous page. Working on fixing that.

B2K24: Good idea, comments will definitely be added in the future. It's already integrated with vBulletin somewhat, so shouldn't be too hard.

Glad everyone is liking it so far :)