• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Downloads section launched

Acerthief

all upload files have to be approved by certain mods and/or admins before you can see it in the dl section. yeah it'll take lots of time but results having good quality.

and the files descriptions have to be detailed like how qj.net >_> does too.
to put it another way, when people upload files, instead of just uploading files and typing in some title, they have to type out a "persuasive" detailed information about the file uploaded, e.g. changelog, features, certain cautions to know before downloading etc.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Updated my blocked file list:

.iso
.cso
.dax
.jso
.zso
.cue
.exe
.dll
.app
.prx
.bin
.rco
.rsc
.psar
.psp
.drm

If those files are uploaded, then the result is ban to whomever uploads them.

And MenaceInc, I think .exe should be blocked because unsafe software could be uploaded.

fair enough but as I said, I have to disagree with it.
With decent moderation and reputable sources, .exe's should be fine.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
fair enough but as I said, I have to disagree with it.
With decent moderation and reputable sources, .exe's should be fine.

Agreed there isn't much need for a file filter, since each file will need to be approved first before showing up on the site. Not to mention just blocking a certain filetype won't stop malicious users, as they could just rename the extension to something else, or fake the file header.

Anyway I'll still block some of those file types, but .exe will be allowed.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
Agreed there isn't much need for a file filter, since each file will need to be approved first before showing up on the site. Not to mention just blocking a certain filetype won't stop malicious users, as they could just rename the extension to something else, or fake the file header.

Yeah, forgot about that. :blushing:

Well, concerning file uploads, should there be a certain file-size limit for certain files?

Example: .pbp can only be up to 32 MB.
.zip can only be up to 110 MB.
And so on.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, forgot about that. :blushing:

Well, concerning file uploads, should there be a certain file-size limit for certain files?

Example: .pbp can only be up to 32 MB.
.zip can only be up to 110 MB.
And so on.

There will probably be a hard limit of 100MB across all files types. I don't really see any homebrew taking more than that.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
There will probably be a hard limit of 100MB across all files types. I don't really see any homebrew taking more than that.

So who will monitor the file uploads: Admin and Lead Moderators only or all Exophase Staff?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So who will monitor the file uploads: Admin and Lead Moderators only or all Exophase Staff?

At the moment, the plan is that all staff will have access to the moderation queue.

J

jx233

x3sphere said:
At the moment, the plan is that all staff will have access to the moderation queue.

Ok, all understood except one thing, can users who got temporarily banned have upload priveledges, or will that be revoked for being banned?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ok, all understood except one thing, can users who got temporarily banned have upload priveledges, or will that be revoked for being banned?

It will be revoked permanently. Users that have been banned in the past won't have access at all.

angelsniper45

I'd have to disagree with .prx rco and exe because they are a necisity to psp owners. So what would happen if a user wanted to upload a flash0 theme instead of a ctf? They should have those rights to

salandragomez

Great idea to have a separate download section, cheers

But it seems not working on firefox

any suggestion besides using other browsers?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Great idea to have a separate download section, cheers

But it seems not working on firefox

any suggestion besides using other browsers?

It works fine in Firefox, the site was developed in Firefox. What do you mean by it isn't working, is the page not showing up at all? If any extensions are installed make sure they aren't blocking the site.

J

jx233

angelsniper45 said:
I'd have to disagree with .prx rco and exe because they are a necisity to psp owners. So what would happen if a user wanted to upload a flash0 theme instead of a ctf? They should have those rights to

Well, that user better put the prxs and rcos into a .zip file.

What I meant before was that the .rco or .prx cannot be uploaded alone.

Also, there is no longer a need to worry about what type of files are uploaded; the Exophase Staff will moderate the file upload area and decide which files can be uploaded or not.

salandragomez

It works fine in Firefox, the site was developed in Firefox. What do you mean by it isn't working, is the page not showing up at all? If any extensions are installed make sure they aren't blocking the site.

Nothing happens when you click the download.
I've done it too without any extensions enabled and its still not working

MenaceInc

Staff Member

Just tested downloading the Project 7 CTF theme there using Firefox v3.0.6 and it worked.
It must be something wrong with your configuration or net connection.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor

ah, this will happen if cookies are disabled.

salandragomez

ah, this will happen if cookies are disabled.

This did the trick right, thanks.

i only configured my firefox to allow cookies in forums.exophase.com and thought its okay for all its sub-level domains so i never bother to include the "downloads.exophase.com" and never realize that their both sub-level domains of exophase.com, so my fault.

Anyways, problem solve and thanks all for your help. Keep up:biggrin:

Alex

you should add a tab at the top of exophase.com and forums.exophase.com where it says home search and stuff