• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

360 Drive belt has come off...Help

january39

eXo Staff
The black belt (which you can see on the top of the 360) has come off, i know it can be put on, but how best do i do this? I am pretty sure it has come off where the pencil is pointing.

img00042p.jpg

Do you need to extract the whole drive, as from checking google that's quite a task.

Anyone had this before?

Thanks & Apologies for the crap quality of the picture :mellow:

Moose

Meta Moose
This happened to an old crappy drive I had lying around once that I was messing about with and I couldn't get it back on. The rubber band goes around two gear 'bits' and one lies too far within the drive to get it back on with hands/tweezers (at least when I attempted to do so I couldn't).

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Definitely opening the Xbox is the easiest way. It's not that hard you just need a long thin object to poke into the various holes.

january39

eXo Staff
Well, i am happy to do that, but is the dvd drive sealed?

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yeah it's screwed together with 4 standard size Philips screws. Undo them then pull the top half of the case off and put it back in :)

january39

eXo Staff
Nice one mate, back to google for a guide to open, lol. Still, feel better knowing it can be done :)

january39

eXo Staff
Okay, i have the xbox apart and the dvd drive removed, i can now access the internals but which flywheels does the band go around, i think it is these (see pic below). The very small black one (my red probe type thing pointing it out) and the larger white one (pointed out by my precision screwdriver)

img00043d.jpg

Before i put it around those two, and rebuild can someone confirm that?

Never taken a Xbox apart before, but honestly what a pain in the ass to release those clips :p

Spiros

Maiki
Never taken a Xbox apart before, but honestly what a pain in the ass to release those clips :p

Sorry, don't have an answer for you, but I know what you mean about those clips, I'm surprized you did it so quickly since your last post, took me awhile my first time.

january39

eXo Staff
Sorry, don't have an answer for you, but I know what you mean about those clips, I'm surprized you did it so quickly since your last post, took me awhile my first time.

Well, i have a fair bit of knowledge with psp / ps2 but firtst time with the xbox, made easier when you have all the tiny screwdrivers etc to use as mini wedges :)

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
Yep I'm pretty confident it goes around those 2 :)

january39

eXo Staff
Okay thanks mate - just put it all back together and works fine now. Happily it was nice and quick to put it all back together.

+rep for your help. Appreciated :)

For those that need it, i used this guide to open - Xbox 360 open

El Xando

"Dam whippersnapper"
No problem :)
I flash 360s all the time so I've had to deal with broken drives and stuff like that. Even have a special tool for the opening of the thin slots at the back :D