• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

DS Lite or DSi?

Urameshi

Who Higher Than Me?
I'm so confused on which i should get, because im saving up money and idk if i should get the DS Lite now...or wait a while(or maybe a long while) and get the DSi.

What makes the DSi so much better than the DS Lite?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Two built-in cameras. Brighter, slightly larger screens. Slimmer, due to exclusion of GBA slot. Downloadable games via DSiWare. SD card support for viewing and storing photos and music on.

I think that about covers it. I would get the DSi personally.

Urameshi

Who Higher Than Me?
with the gba slot gone, if i were to get that acekard 2ki thingie that ppl talk about for the DSi, could i still play gba games?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The DSLite, however, has GBA support, is cheaper and is more compitable with flash cards. (Allowing you to purchase cheaper, non-dsi cards).

There's no compatibility difference between flash cards with the two, aside from GBA support as you pointed out. The DSi flash cards are really not more expensive. I bought an acekard 2i for $14 off DealExtreme. The regular acekard is around $11.

The choice of getting a DS or DSi really depends on if you want GBA support or not. If you don't care about playing GBA games, DSi is the clear winner in my opinion.

Sliderkk

You should get the Nintendo DS lite, the DSi has a bunch of gimmicks you probably won't use and it does'nt have a GBA slot if you have a library of GBA games.