• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

DSi Vs DS Lite Question

phoenixv5

Sorry about the repeated topic........... but I needed to know.
1) Does ALL games that work on the DSi work in DS Lite?
2) Particularly does Heart Gold/Soul Silver work in DS Lite.
3) Will 3D endering or something be slower or not working in DS Lite?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
1) All cartridge games will work, however the DSi has several games that are not compatible with the DS Lite which are available for download on the DSi.
2) Heart Gold/Soul Silver will work and perform the same on the DS Lite
3) Same performance on both devices

phoenixv5

Thanks again

skparasite

Once I got used to the DSi XL I could never go back to the older DS's. I can not understand now how I went so long on such tiny handhelds~

phoenixv5

I kinda prefer smaller screens. The real question was compatibility and speed!
And doesn't the DSi have higher RAM, and so shouldn't it be faster and of higher performance than DS Lite??

skparasite

I kinda prefer smaller screens. The real question was compatibility and speed!
And doesn't the DSi have higher RAM, and so shouldn't it be faster and of higher performance than DS Lite??

Only for DSi enhanced/exclusive games. Otherwise if you play a regular DS game it goes into DS mode and underclocks/locks everything DSi exclusive. Just like when playing a GCN on the Wii.

Sucks horribly. I was very upset when the WPA support in DSi didn't translate into DS/L games (is this even possible?), I'm not going to open up my wifi in the middle of a complex just to play DS games (and don't get me started on the dongle).

phoenixv5

So, if the DSL and DSi can both work the same games, does a DS or DSL flash kart work (properly) in a DSi??
If not, why? Firmware?

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
im not exactly sure. for example, i just purchased an acekard 2.1 for my dsl and it works great. according to the acekard site, there are two seperate cards available, the 2 and the 2i, which one would think are for the seperate consoles. however, in the description of the acekard 2i (which it calls the "Real Perfect Flash Cart For DSi!") it says "compatible with the ds, dsl, and dsi" :argh:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The DSi requires a new (DSi-compatible) flashcart since it does have new firmware, must older ones will not work on it. The new carts are usually designated with an "i" in the name

phoenixv5

Got 2 DSLites (dont ask why, I dont know it myself).
And 2 DSTTs.
Seems to work okay, but that was the case when I got the DSi and fake of clone (yeah fake of clone!!) R4i Gold.
The DSTTs seems to work with the ds menu I got from ndstt.com. So is it real or what?
So I guess you could say I'm kind of satisfied (except the DSLite screen actually came off when I removed the scratch gaurd and I pressed it back in! and heart gold doesn't work too well)

phoenixv5

Is it possible to copy a save file of a game using a flashkart to a gba (original I think) cartridge?
The game is pokemon sapphire. And I want to insert a save to use with a pokemon platinum feature.
Also can I change the game inside the cartridge, as in erase the one and add another different game?