• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

DVD quality movies on PSP!!

Roe

Ok this guide is for putting DVD quality movies on your PSP.

1. Firstly download this file HERE or at the bottom of the page

2. Extract the file with winrar and run the installer inside.(This is what we will use to rip the DVDs)

3. Put the DVD into the drive and open Magic DVD Ripper.

4. Pick "Copy main movie" and pick you destination directory. Then press start.

5. You should now have a bunch of .VOB files and a few other files that we dont need to worry about. Delete the ones we dont need to worry about:wink:

6. Now open up Notepad and type the following
Code:
pause
copy/b 1.VOB+2.VOB+3.VOB+4.VOB movie.VOB
pause

7. According to how many .VOB files there are this file will be different. e.g.if there are 5 .VOB files you will have to add a +5.VOBafter the +4.VOB. The movie.VOB will be the name of the movie that appears in your PSP menu.

8. Go to file/save as and change the type of file to all files. Then save it as combine.bat in the directory of your .VOB files.

9. Now name each of the .VOB file from whatever they are already(Usually VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB etc,) to 1.VOB, 2.VOB etc,

10. Now once you have done that run the .bat file you created and it should combine each of these files into one big movie.VOB file.

11. Now that you have done that download THIS or download it from the bottom of the post, and extract it.

12. Run 3GP_Converter.exe and then drag and drop the movie.VOB into the space.

13. When its finished your movie should be ready for your PSP. Just stick it in the MP_ROOT/101ANV01 folder in your PSP.

14. To play .VOB and .MP4 and many other video and audio formats I recommend VLC Player which can be found here

If anyone has any problems or suggestions please feel free to post below

Attachments

• MagicDVDRipper42a.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,043

Cheezeball99

But I was committed after that birthday party...
Cool guide, man! I don't need it, but it's very informative and useful- I'm sure it will get much gratitude! +Rep for ya!

Krelian

The quality question of 3GP.

Of all the different quality settings in 3GP I've wondered if anyone has written a little breakdown of some of the better settings to use, you know, which gives you the best bang-for-your-buck.

Cheezeball99

Ut-oh, roe, that file violated Mediafire's 'Terms of Use'. Bad deal.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, feel free to host your files here. In fact I prefer it, that way we don't have to deal with broken links etc.

SnyperBob

carputer hacker
What's a rough idea as to the file size that is created when you rip a DVD? Just wondering if my 512 stick is big enough to hold a ripped movie

Cheezeball99

What's a rough idea as to the file size that is created when you rip a DVD? Just wondering if my 512 stick is big enough to hold a ripped movie

I think it may be about that size or bigger, I'm afraid. I haven't tried it, though, so I can't be sure, but if it's an 80 minute movie, going at 512kb/s for video, would be 300MB, but it doesn't say what the audio is running at... You'll probably be able to fit a movie on there if you clear most of the stuff off of it.

Roe

I'll upload it to the server now. I wonder why it violated there terms of use

Darkchild

The Doctor
maybe because:
1- it's a movie ripping software
2- has DVD in its name xD
3- Ripps DVDs (something I think the industries want to avoid)

Roe

Good point. xD I had to go look for it coz it wasnt on my comp anymore. Uploading now