• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

DVD Stub Installer problem

Proxin

Hi, I've been trying to get DVD capability on my Wii (no modchip, IOS36) and it's just not working.
I try the DVD Stub Installer v0.2, and after "Installing DVD Stub ticket..." I receive the following errors:
Error -2011 installing DVD Stub ticket
Error -2011 installing stub

Does anyone know what this is and how I can fix it?

Edit: I've found it's because it's the newest firmware. Eventually I'm hoping another release will allow it to install correctly...

Proxin

Matt said:
If you are on 3.3U, then you can just use the Wii Shop and IOS51 installer to get things to work right. Grab the one by tona toward the bottom of the page.

Hi Matt,
Thank you for your response. I'm not sure what you mean by 3.3U, but my menu is not updated to the 3.4 menu (the newest one that I got a notification about). I used the above mentioned Wii Shop and IOS51 installer but I'm unsure what to do next, as the DVDx installer still gives me the stub error.
What do you think I should do next?

Also, thank you for informing me with your signature about the Nintendo Channel, I deleted it right away and turned off WiiConnect24 once I read somewhere that Nintendo could download updates onto your Wii without you knowing it.

matt

When you go to change the Wii settings, in the top right corner of the screen it shows you your system menu version. Well, if you just did the safe 3.3U update then the only other thing I can think of is to remove any Gamecube controllers and Gamecube memory cards when you are trying to install it. That can sometimes mess things up. The DVDx install worked fine for me.

You are using DVDx, right?

Yeah, Nintendo is trying to take action against hackers now, changing their policies and such to allow them to update your console without your consent. You can find info on that here.

Proxin

Ah, gotcha... well it does appear my version is 3.3U. However I am still having problems with the updates. The -2011 error still occurs here, as well as for the Wadmanager for some reason... And yes it's DVDx, I even tried a reformat to my SD card to be sure and downloaded from the link you gave.

Lachrymose

smokeMeth();
My friend had that error the other day. He reinstalled his custom cIOS and it worked fine. Also, if you are on 2.2v2 (It wont show the v2 on your version)(It was the October 23rd update) then you need to downgrade to install wads and use that backup launcher, as far as i'm aware. I'll fish out a guide. There you go. Also had another friend that followed this guide and it worked out fine.

Proxin

Yes yes, I've been poking around here and there and also found that I need to downgrade. I checked this link and it led me to another, right now it's downgrading and I'll keep you guys posted on what happens.

* Edit: It worked, everything went fine. Thanks for your help guys :)