• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi E3 Discussion

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Although I vowed never to buy another Nintendo console after the Wii, I'm really interested in what Project Cafe is going to be. The controller itself will probably cost $70-100 if the rumors of cameras, gyros, screens and backwards capability are true.

Other than that and a possibility of GTA5 or Agent previews, I'm not expecting much from this E3.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Although I vowed never to buy another Nintendo console after the Wii, I'm really interested in what Project Cafe is going to be. The controller itself will probably cost $70-100 if the rumors of cameras, gyros, screens and backwards capability are true.

Other than that and a possibility of GTA5 or Agent previews, I'm not expecting much from this E3.

Yeah my main interest is also Cafe, and the NGP. Maybe the announcement of a new Quantic Dream game.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I have no idea what to expect from sony's 5 hour presentation.

Will most likely be a 1-2hr press conference and then hands-on time with the NGP.

Be sure that you guys tell us what you're interested in as you've been doing because both x3sphere and myself will be in attendance with camera's in hand (they do however shun off-screen recordings but we'll try our best)

Robby

Los Doyers!
I loved San Andreas, thought it was the best GTA so far.
If they made a GTA like that but with live support, I'll be happy. But it very unlikely.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I'm all set with GTA I think. I tried my damnedest to get into IV, but couldn't do it. I loved the characters, but the gameplay and missions are just too stale for my tastes now.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Nintendo offering, NGP gameplay, and whatever Epic has lined up to be announced for Gears.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I have no idea what to expect from sony's 5 hour presentation.

They just sent out more details, here's the breakdown:

5-6:30pm: Press Conference
6:30-8pm: Enjoy hands on time with almost all of the press conference content on over 120 PS3 and NGP kiosks. Arcade to include special appearances and musical talent.
8-9:30pm: Special performance

Nice that we'll get a chance to go hands on with the NGP a day before the show starts.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
They just sent out more details, here's the breakdown:

Nice that we'll get a chance to go hands on with the NGP a day before the show starts.

Still will be a large crowd and probably a long wait but awesome nonetheless. I wonder if there will be anyone attempting to play the PS3 titles...

BlackSheep

Watching the sony conference

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

3ds is dead the price is great!!!!!!!

Robby

Los Doyers!
Getting the Wifi VIta for $250 as soon as it comes out.

Only thing I dislike about the Vita, is the name, at least I'll still be calling it psp2. OS looks a little "meh" but I'll grow into it. wifi psp2 for me, I can always tether to my G2 after all.

MenaceInc

Staff Member
€250 is a rip off. 249 Euros = 364.4364 U.S. Dollars

I'll guess that the UK price will be

TeamOverload

Only thing I dislike about the Vita, is the name, at least I'll still be calling it psp2. OS looks a little "meh" but I'll grow into it. wifi psp2 for me, I can always tether to my G2 after all.

Those are my biggest gripes.

I want a collector's edition with the NGP moniker on it :p Interface needs improvements as well. And let's not mention the fact that it gets cross game chat before the PS3.

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
I wasn't that interested in the NGP, but at $250 I'll just have to accept the dumb PSVita name
Also I loved how everyone started booing when they announced the 3G model was AT&T exclusive

On another note, I'm disappointed with the lack of new IPs from both Microsoft and Sony. Almost everything they showed is a sequel or based on other IPs. I really hope they just didn't have time to show them onstage, and some gems are on the showfloor/arcade

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

And let's not mention the fact that it gets cross game chat before the PS3.
I was waiting for him to say something like, "this feature will also be available on the PS3 in an upcoming update"
It's sad how the most wanted PS3 feature that was supposedly in the works during Uncharted 2 development gets ignored and added to the PSV instead

PSN Apologies

Resistance 3 (Bundle announced, same as the socom 4 sharpshooter bundle)
Uncharted 3
Starhawk (from the warhawk guys)
More games with move support shown

PlayStation Suite: for PlayStation certified Android based devices (ie Xperia)

"Affordable" PlayStation branded 3DTV:
22" 3DTV/HDMI Cable/Glasses/Resistance 3 for $499.99
-Ability to display two different images to two individual users (multiplayer without the split screen)

Big ticket item was mainly the NGP:
-Officially named "PlayStation VITA" (Hereby referred to by me as the psp2)
-Wifi + 3G: $299.99
-Wifi Only: $249.99
-3G provided by At&t
-psp2 games shown were the ones we've already seen (LBP, Uncharted 3, etc).
-Available "this holiday"

That's pretty much it. Surprise they didn't talk about Minecraft being ported to the Xperia.