• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi E3 Discussion

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The "Nintendo You or Yu" would've been a better name IMO. Just pushed the article on the new system, kind of hectic. Disappointed that they are only showing off prototypes at E3 but it looks damn good

Seth

MD Party Room
Wow this has been so disappointing

UserUnknown

eXo's Resident Brony
The "Nintendo You or Yu" would've been a better name IMO. Just pushed the article on the new system, kind of hectic. Disappointed that they are only showing off prototypes at E3 but it looks damn good

I have to agree on the system name. "Nintendo Yu" kind of has a ring to it, being a successor to the Wii. Are there any photos of the console itself?

I've seen stuff off and on with this year's conference, so I'm a little hazy with things.

El Diablo

The new 3ds games that I heard about today...I think I'm sold and going to buy a 3ds, like right now-ish. I mean OoT next week? I definitely didn't see that coming. I really think I'm going to have to pick it up.

PR0fessor Burnt

The new 3ds games that I heard about today...I think I'm sold and going to buy a 3ds, like right now-ish. I mean OoT next week? I definitely didn't see that coming. I really think I'm going to have to pick it up.

the release date had been known for OoT for a few months now . I was rather surprised about the new SSB, really excited for it.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I guess I am the only one excited about the Microsoft conference.

El Diablo

Really? I thought it wasn't known, and was expecting some "Holiday 2011" release that didn't actually come out until early 2012.

Robby

Los Doyers!
They announced a couple games that got me excited, but about 90% of it was Kinect crap.
I guess that's why it got me excited.

Before I had no interest AT ALL for Kinect. Thought it was neat but had no plans in getting one, then they announced it's actually going to be in more games made just for it, and it's getting added in games that will be optional and it's being integrated more into the Dashboard so nows it's more appealing to me. All that with the gameplay of MW3, Gears of War 3, and even that Halo 4 teaser made it a very exciting conference for me.

BlackSheep

My grades for e3
Nintendo-B-
Sony-C
Microsoft-C-
Nintendo won the show with the wii u which im not impressed about but every one else seems to be.
Sony talked about nothing important for the ps3 but im in love with the vita
Microsoft made a new dash board which i like (i hate sonys xmb they need to change it!) and minecraft and thats it a bunch on kinect stuff and halo 4 (im super tried of halos)
MW3 looked like MW2 i was going to buy it but after i saw the game play i dont want it no more
BF3 blew my socks off but instead as 1943 as a on disc exclusive improve the game
there was other cool stuff but i forgot :p

Dan

Contributor
Sony talked about Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, NKA 2K11, and loads more I can't remember. Sony's was the best presentation IMO.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Sony talked about Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, NKA 2K11, and loads more I can't remember. Sony's was the best presentation IMO.

A lot of stuff we already knew about though so not many surprises

Day 1 is over for E3. We got through the doors about 3 minutes after they opened because of the huge crowd, ran straight to the Nintendo booth for the Wii U and waited in line. After 30 minutes they told us we were past the cutoff point because they already reached capacity for the day. That was a real bummer.

We checked out Rayman: Origins (very fun co-operative play), the new Mario 3DS game, Luigi's Mansion 2, Starfox 3DS and Mario Kart 3DS. x3sphere got into a demonstration of Skyrim and after that caught some time with Rage. We checked out a few other games but just took video and didn't actually play them (tons of people waiting to play)

Sousanator

Shockingly Delicious
Two things Nintendo needs to get core gamers on board with the Wii U
1- Don't let developers release downgraded ports of multiplatform games. The system is apparently more powerful then the PS3 and 360 so we should start seeing improved versions of games if not equal. From the presentation, the Wii U trailers don't look nearly as good as the current gen counter parts. Hopefully that's only because the tech is still brand new and they'll have the games looking better in 2012. They need to get rid of the Wiis stigma as the weakest console.

2- An actual useful online experience. Live and PSN define their systems and is what makes their consoles relevant 6 years after launch. The Wii has bits and pieces right, but they need copy the online structure from the others. If they still use Friend Codes on the Wii U, no one will take their online seriously.

If these two things are done right then I can see myself thinking about grabbing a Wii U. I will definitely get a Wii U if those two things are done right AND the homebrew hacks from the Wii are made for Wii U. I can't wait to see what will be possible with that controller and homebrew.

So what's up with this Wii U controller thing, is it more of an accessory? or a necessity? They showed games being played with the traditional wii mote. Will the Wii U come with all 4 items? The console, contoller and nunchuck+wiimote? And if that's the case, with hardware supposedly more powerful than 360 & PS3, seems like the cost won't be too wallet friendly. If I only have one of the controllers will I have to dish out what could easily be another $100 for a second controller or will the wiimote be a suitable substitute. What about gamecube controllers? I feel like there are a ton of variables here when it comes to the way people will be playing with the Wii U. It'll be interesting to see how nintendo and the developers handle it.

Also did anyone notice the camera on the front of the "controller" (tablet seems more appropriate), I'm surprised they didn't go into any detail about that and its possibilities. Unless I missed something.
-----EDIT-----
One final thought, I wonder how calibration is going to work (So that the controller syncs up with what's on the TV properly, like when they demoed web browsing). Maybe they'll allow user profiles so that there isn't constant recalibration. Otherwise I feel like itd be quite an annoyance to constantly have to recalibrate that thing. (Kinda like the PS Move controllers)