• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

EA Origin security warning

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
So just a heads up to anyone using Origin... someone was able to reset my password on EA Origin earlier today, without having access to the associated email.

The account is still fine so I presume the attackers don't have access to the new password generated. However, considering they were able to pull the activation key for a password change, it's possible someone might have access to EA's system.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Do you still have access to the account or are locked out because of the unauthorized password change?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Do you still have access to the account or are locked out because of the unauthorized password change?

I can still access it and have recovered the account, no response from EA yet though...

I believe only the password recovery form was exploited, but that's still pretty concerning.

El Diablo

It wasn't me! :O

Sucks man, I knew Origin isn't/wasn't the best system which is why I am only using it for BF3 and absolutely nothing else. Better to lose one game than all of Steam or something, but it's good to hear you have it back. Going to be changing all my info around now on Origin.