• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Epic Games Achievement Tracking Added

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
epic-newsroom-share-1200x630-8c559c81a614.png

We've added support for tracking achievements on Epic Games to the site! To get started, simply visit your Edit Account page, navigate to the Social tab and click Link Account next to the Epic icon. This will bring up a prompt to approve our app and once the connection is approved we'll start tracking your achievements! Our app only requests basic permissions to read your general profile information, so like with the other login options on the site this is completely safe. Additionally, you can revoke the app access at any time through Epic's website.

During the initial scan, it may take a few minutes to pick up all your games after the linking process is complete.

After linking your Epic account, it is also recommended to change privacy settings to Public per the guide here. While we can still retrieve game data without the privacy setting being changed, our access drops off after some time until you re-authenticate through the Epic site again - so for uninterrupted tracking it is best to leave the privacy setting on Public.

Known Limitations

Currently, Epic tracking is limited to games that have achievements only. For the time being, we are unable to pick up games that lack achievements and cannot see the playtime for any games. This may change in the future as Epic expands the profile system.

Do let us know if you experience any issues!

Screen Shot 2022-04-03 at 8.21.25 PM.png

Last edited:

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Good to finally see this, bummer about the limitations but I know that's all on their end.

They're using a bronze to platinum system like Sony? That's interesting.
It's a shame I have so many games they gave out for free but hardly any have achievements. I think some have an older achievement implementation that just isn't tracked outside of the game and the devs for each game have to update it or something? That kinda sucks.

Oh you might want to change the platform tag colour, it doesn't pop very much against the background. Maybe something a bit darker like #272425 ?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Good to finally see this, bummer about the limitations but I know that's all on their end.

They're using a bronze to platinum system like Sony? That's interesting.
It's a shame I have so many games they gave out for free but hardly any have achievements. I think some have an older achievement implementation that just isn't tracked outside of the game and the devs for each game have to update it or something? That kinda sucks.

Oh you might want to change the platform tag colour, it doesn't pop very much against the background. Maybe something a bit darker like #272425 ?
Yeah that looks better to me, I've changed it!

ApeOfMazor

Cool addition. I've kinda avoided epic games store though. It's weird that some games that have achievements on other platforms have none on EGS. Anyone have any suggestions for unique games that actually have achievements on the platform?

Doribi

I hope the devs that have published their games on Epic Store eventually decide on putting achievements into their games though. I have lots of games in Epic Game Store, and yet only a few has achievements in it. It's just kinda sad to see that those same games are available on Steam with achievements, and I don't really wanna buy those again on Steam while I got 'em for free in Epic Games Store.

U2NUMB

So anyone else having issues with their system even updating within the epic app? For instance.. I played a few levels of Defense Grid and unlocked a number of achievements... I saw them on screen. This was more than 2 days ago... and yet when I look at my library it shows zero as far as achievements earned. I have played the game 3 times.. I have restarted the app and it just does not seem to update on my profile ... So anyone else having this issue? Their achievement system just feels so tacked on and half assed in its execution.

hahaman

So anyone else having issues with their system even updating within the epic app? For instance.. I played a few levels of Defense Grid and unlocked a number of achievements... I saw them on screen. This was more than 2 days ago... and yet when I look at my library it shows zero as far as achievements earned. I have played the game 3 times.. I have restarted the app and it just does not seem to update on my profile ... So anyone else having this issue? Their achievement system just feels so tacked on and half assed in its execution.
Dont worry it will show up at some point.. I played Defense Grid too a month ago and none of the achs unlocked even though i had achieved those... But around almost three weeks later it showed up automatically and I had 21/87 achs along with Salt & sanctuary's 5 unlocked achs

U2NUMB

Dont worry it will show up at some point.. I played Defense Grid too a month ago and none of the achs unlocked even though i had achieved those... But around almost three weeks later it showed up automatically and I had 21/87 achs along with Salt & sanctuary's 5 unlocked achs
Appreciate the response.. good to know its just a waiting game. I hope Epic fixes this as it... sucks but also good to know it will eventually show up. Thank you!

NattyBo

Should we assume games that have achievements on other platforms will now have them on EGS?

I've been holding out on playing Disco Elysium which I got for like $10 with coupon ages ago, to see if they'd ever add achievements...

tk0pe

Should we assume games that have achievements on other platforms will now have them on EGS?

I've been holding out on playing Disco Elysium which I got for like $10 with coupon ages ago, to see if they'd ever add achievements...
You can ask devs on twitter or email

Retodon8

The EGS uses Trello to publish a roadmap. The "Up Next" column features "Profiles", so they are still being worked on. On the attached screenshot I don't see any playtime tracking, so it doesn't seem like Epic plans on adding that. I see a rarest achievement thingy that's not currently live, but otherwise it looks the same to what we currently have.

At least we'll get avatars; just a letter in a coloured circle you can't change is way too boring.

When I set my filter to "All", it only shows games where I have at least one achievement, even if I played them for a bit, so Epic needs to fix that too.

U2NUMB

The EGS uses Trello to publish a roadmap. The "Up Next" column features "Profiles", so they are still being worked on. On the attached screenshot I don't see any playtime tracking, so it doesn't seem like Epic plans on adding that. I see a rarest achievement thingy that's not currently live, but otherwise it looks the same to what we currently have.

At least we'll get avatars; just a letter in a coloured circle you can't change is way too boring.

When I set my filter to "All", it only shows games where I have at least one achievement, even if I played them for a bit, so Epic needs to fix that too.
I mean they already have playtime tracking in the client. We just need them to provide that data to the feed or make it be able to be pulled but playtime has been there for a while.. well before Achievements were added.

20220805-101635.jpg

Last edited:

RetroGamingJP

If I understood right at the moment we need to earn at least 1 achievement for a game to be tracked right? That's silly but I understand it must be a restriction from EGS...