• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

External HDD

ilyace

Do you mind including any information in your original post? What interface are you looking for, how large, etc etc...That's probably one of the funniest first posts I've ever seen tbh.

Tommi

I am planning to buy one,any suggestions?

Yup, one with like, a hard disk and like, a usb cable and stuff.....

But yeah, what are you gonna do with it??

Adiuvo

All hardrive brands are decent enough. I usually buy Western Digial hardrives, and in the four years I've had them only one has died on me. That one was constantly being written to, which is probably the cause of it dpying.

Bill

If your buying it for a backup drive, buy a solid state drive. Other than that, pick one with a good warranty that's cheap with lots of space.

ilyace

[HIGHLIGHT]If your buying it for a backup drive, buy a solid state drive. [/HIGHLIGHT]Other than that, pick one with a good warranty that's cheap with lots of space.

What's the point? If anybody buys drives for backup, they're gonna want something large. Some 32GB SSds are more expensive than 1TB SATA drives.

Bill

Well when I say backup, I mean like a bare-bone backup, just the OS. I have Vista along with some work files backed up on a 20GB SSD. I consider backing up anything more than just the OS or really important files a storage drive(to be hooked up all the time), in which case I'd go with a 500GB to 1TB SATA.

twelve

I'm not dead
Well when I say backup, I mean like a bare-bone backup, just the OS. I have Vista along with some work files backed up on a 20GB SSD. I consider backing up anything more than just the OS or really important files a storage drive(to be hooked up all the time), in which case I'd go with a 500GB to 1TB SATA.
Why would you backup the OS? Just create an image on CD/DVD and if the worst should happen restore from that.

Get a Western Digital Mybook 2.0 1tb. It's Cheap and I love it :p

Me too I pick one up last week. Very cool but sometimes forgets to sleep when I put the computer on standby. (just wake up and sleep again) Good for the money and saves your computers life.

I thinking about installing Norton Ghost 14.