• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Fable and Fable 2 Comparison?.

iosman002

Hello,

I have heard many people saying that Fable and Fable 2 are much like the same game. Either they have not played it or they don't like RPG's. Here is a complete list of the differences of GAMEPLAY AND DESIGN. I am not discussing graphics, story, and music because they are obvious.

LENGTH: Fable's length was a bit disappointing. Even when you completed all the missions and done all goals, you can easily beat this game very shortly. As for Fable: TLC, basically add 2 hours to the original.

For Fable 2 however, it goes a different path. Sure, the main questline is about 9 hours, but when you add the side missions, the hidden treasures, and family dealings, the game is endless. It will not stop throwing side missions at you.

MAGIC: For people that have played the first fable would notice that the magic power bar is absent in Fable 2. There are lots more spells in Fable 1than its sequel but some of the spells were literally useless and you might be only using a few select spells throughout the game. In Fable 2, You can preset your spells in a "ladder" bar for easy casting.

REAL ESTATE: When you want to start a business in Fable 1, you can buy houses and start making profit by renting them out. But there are only a few buyable houses, practically one in each friendly town. You can redecorate them for increasing their value but there is not any customization.

In Fable 2 however, almost every property is buyable. You can even buy the huge castle in Bowerstone. Redecorated them is more customizable as you can buy furniture to replace anything that you got when you bought the house. You can even buy shops and fix the price ranges for more profit.

POTIONS: In Fable 1, finding health and mana potions, and resurrection phials were a total cinch. By the time I reached the end boss, I had so much potions that I could start a massive drinking party with them. Stores usually carry a lot of them each time.

In Fable 2, they are a bit scarce compared to the first. Stores carry only a few each stock refresh, and fallen enemies don't drop any items (excluding quest items and special documents).

COMBO MULTIPLIER: To be honest, I am glad this is absent in Fable 2. Espiacally when I need to get a high multiplier in order to get a good kick out of my experience potions.

ARMOR: In Fable 2, you can't get armor (excluding defense augmentations). It does not matter if you are fully clothed in a noble suit or you are running in caves in your underwear, your defense stays the same.

JOBS: Besides making money from real estate, side missions and gambling, there are several jobs you can take if you want to make extra gold. From a blacksmith to a bartender.

DOG: Do I need to explain this one??

ARENA/CRUCIBLE: My most desired fix has come true for Fable 2. In Fable 1, once you beat the arena, you cannot play it again. In Fable 2, the arena (aka The Crucible) is playable over again after you beat it the first time.

thanks
iosman

Gamer Steve

Hello,

I have heard many people saying that Fable and Fable 2 are much like the same game. Either they have not played it or they don't like RPG's. Here is a complete list of the differences of GAMEPLAY AND DESIGN. I am not discussing graphics, story, and music because they are obvious.

LENGTH: Fable's length was a bit disappointing. Even when you completed all the missions and done all goals, you can easily beat this game very shortly. As for Fable: TLC, basically add 2 hours to the original.

For Fable 2 however, it goes a different path. Sure, the main questline is about 9 hours, but when you add the side missions, the hidden treasures, and family dealings, the game is endless. It will not stop throwing side missions at you.

MAGIC: For people that have played the first fable would notice that the magic power bar is absent in Fable 2. There are lots more spells in Fable 1than its sequel but some of the spells were literally useless and you might be only using a few select spells throughout the game. In Fable 2, You can preset your spells in a "ladder" bar for easy casting.

REAL ESTATE: When you want to start a business in Fable 1, you can buy houses and start making profit by renting them out. But there are only a few buyable houses, practically one in each friendly town. You can redecorate them for increasing their value but there is not any customization.

In Fable 2 however, almost every property is buyable. You can even buy the huge castle in Bowerstone. Redecorated them is more customizable as you can buy furniture to replace anything that you got when you bought the house. You can even buy shops and fix the price ranges for more profit.

POTIONS: In Fable 1, finding health and mana potions, and resurrection phials were a total cinch. By the time I reached the end boss, I had so much potions that I could start a massive drinking party with them. Stores usually carry a lot of them each time.

In Fable 2, they are a bit scarce compared to the first. Stores carry only a few each stock refresh, and fallen enemies don't drop any items (excluding quest items and special documents).

COMBO MULTIPLIER: To be honest, I am glad this is absent in Fable 2. Espiacally when I need to get a high multiplier in order to get a good kick out of my experience potions.

ARMOR: In Fable 2, you can't get armor (excluding defense augmentations). It does not matter if you are fully clothed in a noble suit or you are running in caves in your underwear, your defense stays the same.

JOBS: Besides making money from real estate, side missions and gambling, there are several jobs you can take if you want to make extra gold. From a blacksmith to a bartender.

ARENA/CRUCIBLE: My most desired fix has come true for Fable 2. In Fable 1, once you beat the arena, you cannot play it again. In Fable 2, the arena (aka The Crucible) is playable over again after you beat it the first time.

thanks
iosman
I trully love the fable series...though as they went on i feel like they lost their charm....i did enjoy fable 2 a lot but i did miss the armor rating but i like the addition of guns. Fable 1 story was really good and felt very fantasy..ish while fable 2 had a cool concept of a story but didnt pan it out too well ..

i loved finding all the heros (strength, will, skill) and the villian lucian was cool but i was disapointed on the ending. They should have mad a epic boss fight after lucian absorbed the 3 heroes power.

But non the less the character customizations was improved over the 1st game and the new features they added like being a landlord and jobs was awesome....but some of the features they took out like some of the spells and armor kinda sucked....but the 2 games were and still are amazing in their own way.....now fable 3...was not as good but decent...if the game was not called fable it probably was have done better IMO.....and the Fable for kinect....no just noooooooo lol

iosman002

Hello,

thanks
iosman

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Last edited: