• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Facebook Sharing - Manual Only?

TVippy

Will the sharing always be manual only? I've created a thread like this a year ago (site search seems to be broken, so it's not possible to find that thread) on this very forum and the founder (the "Leon Guy") assured me that he'll realize the feature to automatically post to Facebook all the achievements you receive, but it never came to be.

So is this still not possible, not allowed by Facebook, or you're just not interested in the feature?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's not allowed by Facebook. The old API that allowed it is completely shut down now, that's why Sony had to retire Facebook support on PS3.

If things change I'll consider adding it of course.

Edit: Fixed the issue with the search, thanks for reporting it. Index was corrupt.

Last edited:

TVippy

Why couldn't they just update it on PS3 (and Vita, which dropped support too), like they did on PS4? They definitely didn't have to drop support, they chose to, simply because PS3 and Vita don't make them money anymore. But that's another topic.

Thanks for fixing the search.

How's that you have 3DS games in your signature card? Is tracking gametime for 3DS somehow possible? Or did you add them manually somehow?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Manually, there's an add game option on the profile pages now.

It's not possible to track activity on any of the Nintendo platforms at the moment, maybe this will change with NX, we'll see. If it becomes possible, I will definitely add support.

TVippy

Nintendo Switch announced hours ago, coming just in 5 months. We'll see.
Can you add any game at the moment or from your list?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Nintendo Switch announced hours ago, coming just in 5 months. We'll see.
Can you add any game at the moment or from your list?

Yeah I saw, looks interesting!

On manually adding games, you can select from the list here. The list is actually linked up with GiantBomb's database, so most games are covered.