• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout 3

Adiuvo

It's coming close to release now, and I can't wait for it to come out. For people that haven't heard of it, Fallout 3 is developed by Bethesda, the same people who created Oblivion. The style of gameplay is the same, but it takes place in a rather typical setting of a post-apocalyptic world. IGN page.

Screens:
fallout-3-20080930115031849.jpg

fallout-3-20080925022308283.jpg

fallout-3-20080930115035270.jpg

Adiuvo

Granite said:
ah a sweet game in genral :p
Ive played up to Level 4 ... but that was about 3 days ago.
I'm level 10 using Kobu's Leveling System and OOO. On my PS3 running vanilla I was 42.

I'll be getting Fallout for the PC, purely for the mods that will eventually come out.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
The latest issue of OXM got delivered and they gave this a 10. High praise across the board from story to gameplay.

Shatterdome

I played it up until blowing up megaton, and I don't think I will be buying it....

However, that's because I put way too much time into Oblivion, and this reminds me way too much of oblivion but with a different face.

Of course, anyone who can't get enough of Oblivion type gameplay will eat this shit up....for another 200+hrs

Adiuvo

Shatterdome said:
I played it up until blowing up megaton, and I don't think I will be buying it....

However, that's because I put way too much time into Oblivion, and this reminds me way too much of oblivion but with a different face.

Of course, anyone who can't get enough of Oblivion type gameplay will eat this shit up....for another 200+hrs
Which is me :p

There's some ISOs of this floating around on torrent sites for the 360. Not sure if they're real though.

Adiuvo

I thought you were talking about Oblivion the whole time >_>

Are there places like inns, houses, etc.?

Shatterdome

Yeah I played it on my buddies 360...since mine died a few months back and I got a PS3.

It is basically Oblivion with some enhancements, explosions, lasers and a new setting....and a pip boy :p

I'll give you a spoiler about houses....

Bad people get to smoke cigars overlooking a beautiful mushroom cloud. Good people earn respect and a place to call their own

twelve

I'm not dead
This game is starting to grow on me, which is fucking annoying. There are already too many games coming out that I must have :(

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
From what i played it was really good, but staying alive is rather tactical...
I mean you lose health really quick and some of the stuff in your items is radioactive so it will give you health just give you rads.

dem0n

This game is so disappointing... It could have been SO much better with more development time.

The bugs I've came across so far are just inexcusable, People getting trapped in doors, stuck in the ground.. And sometimes when you have Low AP the VATS system crashes and you need to exit to the dashboard to get out of it... yeah..

I doubt its because I have a beta copy, its the retail version according to the options menu. (1.0.0.2)

The gameplay itself is OK, I feel that this should be played on the PC instead of the console since the controls feel "clunky" meh.. Might just be me.

Tbh, I would rather visually explain it that having to type to make more sense... I'll see if I can get a few videos up showing you these annoying bugs and other issues I have with the game.

Adiuvo

dem0n said:
This game is so disappointing... It could have been SO much better with more development time.

The bugs I've came across so far are just inexcusable, People getting trapped in doors, stuck in the ground.. And sometimes when you have Low AP the VATS system crashes and you need to exit to the dashboard to get out of it... yeah..
It's Bethesda. There are huge amounts of bugs in all of their games. Give them about two weeks and there will probably be a patch out to fix some of those issues.

Shatterdome

Yeah....oblivion and morrowind were buggy as well. However bethesda is really good at patching bugs as soon as they can, so don't worry too much.

Seth

MD Party Room
I found this on kotaku

kotaku.com said:
Is This Why Fallout 3 Won't Be Released in India?

Earlier this week came the news of Microsoft pre-emptively choosing not to release Fallout 3 in India, citing "cultural sensitivities." It's interesting because rather than wait for a ratings board or authority to ban it, or local media/pissed off people to demand it's banning, Microsoft just said nothankyou.jpg and took its business elsewhere.

Blend Games got to speculatin' as to what was so insensitive about the game. Granted, Fallout 3 has some drugs, violence and gore in it, but you can also purchase Postal, Bioshock and Grand Theft Auto in the country (as GamingIndians noted). And they came up with this:

In the Fallout games, survivors of the apocalypse use "brahmin" - two-headed cows mutated by radiation - as pack animals. In Hindu religion, cows are revered and it wouldn't surprise me if the ability of players to shoot up herds of "brahmin" in Fallout 3 factored into the cancellation. The name of the radiated cows probably didn't help matters, either, as the term originates in India. "Brahman" is the name of a breed of cattle from India and the name of a prominent concept in Hindu religion ("the primal source and ultimate goal of all beings"). "Brahmin" is also the term for "the class of educators, scholars and preachers in Brahminical Hinduism" according to Wikipedia, which is making me sound a lot smarter than I am here. Could any or all of this hit some sort of nerve?

Are Brahmin the Reason for Fallout 3's Cancellation in India? [Blend Games, thanks reader W.B.]

brahminhitchart.jpg