• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout 3

Cryox

Bro.
Speaking of Fallout 3, on my way home today, i noticed a street sign that read Raven Rock. I got real kick out of seeing that side street.

Eclipse

Unrated And Loving It
Your statement should have just begun and ended there.

i know many people have "enjoyed" this game, but I did not. no matter how hard i tried, it was just Oblivion for me, same engine, they didn't even try to improve animations.

also, if you ever played old Fallouts you would know that Fallout's main strength was in player choices, the whole "grey" theme (nothing was purely good or purely bad, everyone was just trying to do their own job.) and dialogues.

Fallout 3 had a good selection of choices, an acceptable grey theme and a crappy dialogue work. even the voice works are not convincing at all, I stopped playing Fallout 3 when i reached that city where there was a crazy ant lady and a mad scientist. I couldn't believe how easily i convinced the lady to give up fighting...with just one word. while in Fallout 2 i had to work very hard and work my way through dozens of dialogues just to figure out which dialogue selection will convince a policeman NOT to blow up a reactor in NCR...

Thats what happens when a company buys another company's game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
That's also what happens when you project a 10 year old game's playing style onto a new version expecting the same thing. Fallout 3 was far from a traditional RPG, so your expectations of it should have been tempered a bit. There are a lot of things similar, but as a standalone title, I think Fallout 3 was a much more enjoyable game than Oblivion.

I just shot the any lady if I remember correctly.

Adiuvo

Canturberry Commons is hardly a serious quest. It's meant as a parody. Go to Oasis if you want one a old fallout-esque quest.

Seth

MD Party Room
Well I stuck in vault 106. I just cant seem to find my way out of here... The map isent much help..

Colm

Oasis is weird.
Oh, I just got the Explorer perk (level 21 ftw :D) so I know where stuff is. Yay. Time to find more quests.

Adiuvo

There really aren't that many marked ones unfortunately. Has anyone beaten Broken Steel? I'm still replaying through the main quest.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I grabbed all of the DLC for this tonight and completed Operation Anchorage. (sp?) It was pretty cool and I'm looking forward to The Pitt next.

Tommi

Ok, read the whole topic, got one question....

I tend to play games using the cursor keys to move, as opposed to WASD keys... Would this be a problem if I got this for the PC?

ReneX

mmm i dont know i used to have it on pc ( sell it to a friend) and i didnt see if you could change the keyboard configuration....

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just got done with all of the DLC. The Tesla Cannon you get in Broken Steel is a beast. It takes out Enclave choppers in one shot and leaves whatever you shoot with electrical damage that continues to hurt them until dead or you take them out with another shot.

Fives

so this game confused me to hell. i got lost constantly and never knew what to do. maybe i'm retarded. i refused to use game guides though, needless to say i sold it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
so this game confused me to hell. i got lost constantly and never knew what to do. maybe i'm retarded. i refused to use game guides though, needless to say i sold it.

I think it's worth putting in the effort to try again. It's not very confusing once you figure out how to navigate your PipBoy. You can view your World and Local Maps, Quests, (w/dotted lines showing you where to go on a map.) Apart from that, exploring is a part of the game. Go walk around and find quests and things to do.

I'm about to hit level 30 as well. There's a couple cool Perks you can add once there. Once raises all of your S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats to 9.

Andy

Champion of the Sun

One thing I found out was that the metro system is one of the most important things to get used to. Half the places you are directed to go to require you to go on long trips through the metros to actually reach them. Just go exploring, and you will get used to it.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am
I rented the game...played for a total of 6 hours. It's a shame I can't get those six hours of my life back.

The level system is amazing, I'll admit that.
However, the game is boring, there's lots of walking involved.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I rented the game...played for a total of 6 hours. It's a shame I can't get those six hours of my life back.

The level system is amazing, I'll admit that.
However, the game is boring, there's lots of walking involved.

Obviously youve never played any Bethesda game before, the game box doesnt say "From the makers of Oblivion" for no reason... its a warning

Robby

Los Doyers!
I enjoy the exploring aspect. Lets you really admire the world they created, plus there are always side quests to do every where you go.
This game is addicting. I am just waiting for the DLC to come out on a disc so I can get them.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I enjoy the exploring aspect. Lets you really admire the world they created, plus there are always side quests to do every where you go.
This game is addicting. I am just waiting for the DLC to come out on a disc so I can get them.

Pitt and Anchorage are on disk now, gonna be a bit for Broken Steel... and the newer one, Point Lookout is not out yet i dont think. Heres a video I caught in case nobody seen it, idk if someone posted it already

Fallout 3 Video Game, E3 09: Point Lookout DLC Debut Trailer | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com