• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate (GOG) not showing other platforms that New Vegas is on.

TheAndromedaCat

I feel like the GOG version of New Vegas should still be listed as "Also on" on the other versions of the game since it is the only version of the game on the platform. I also feel as if the GOG version should show the other 3 as "Also on" as well

GOG Version:

Steam Version:

PS3 Version:

Xbox 360 Version: https://www.exophase.com/game/fallout-new-vegas-xbox-360/achievements/

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
It's named Ultimate Edition on GOG because it includes all the DLCs if I'm not mistaken, while on Steam the DLCs are separate from the base game, so they're different from each other. I'm not sure if we should link them together since that would mean we would have to change the titles. @x3sphere, @CaptainScarLeg What do you guys think?

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
It's named Ultimate Edition on GOG because it includes all the DLCs if I'm not mistaken, while on Steam the DLCs are separate from the base game, so they're different from each other. I'm not sure if we should link them together since that would mean we would have to change the titles. @x3sphere, @CaptainScarLeg What do you guys think?
That's tricky. I know renaming it to match would automatically link it to the others, but does adding mismatched games to related games under relationships on the backend link them together too? I assume that's what that does. If so that would be the easiest solution.

The achievement sets do appear to be identical though, so it wouldn't really do much harm to rename it to match. I think achievement sets are set up a little differently depending on the platform. I find the console platforms usually don't include things like "Ultimate Edition" etc. in the name unless it's a re-release that only exists in that form rather than a bundle (like Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition) which is generally how I prefer the achievement sets to be named. The PC platforms, particularly GOG and EA I've noticed, often just use the store listing as the name of the achievement set, which seems to be the case here.

So yeah, kind of a case-by-case thing but I'd say we're more concerned with the actual achievement sets than the store listings so I'd lean in that direction.

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Exact title match is only needed for automatic linking, you can manually link any title. You do need to type the exact name in the box otherwise it won't show up as a suggestion though.

I left the Ultimate Edition naming intact and added it to Also on for the others, that seems fine to me.

TheAndromedaCat

Exact title match is only needed for automatic linking, you can manually link any title. You do need to type the exact name in the box otherwise it won't show up as a suggestion though.

I left the Ultimate Edition naming intact and added it to Also on for the others, that seems fine to me.
Coming back to this, I've noticed Goat Simulator 3 isn't linked either. Only because the PS5 version has this weird - thing going on. But also I've noticed that the Xbox version doesn't show up in search, maybe it wasn't added?

1668832576051.png
https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/goat-simulator-3/9nmb4t25w817

1668832606179.png

The EGS version of Goat Sim's side panel
PS5 version of Goat Sim

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Ah, it's because the name on PSN is "Goat Simulator 3 - Trophies" and the trophies part we strip out. I removed the dash now.

It doesn't seem like the achievement list for Xbox is live yet. I tried forcing a scan on it but didn't pick up anything.

TheAndromedaCat

Ah, it's because the name on PSN is "Goat Simulator 3 - Trophies" and the trophies part we strip out. I removed the dash now.

It doesn't seem like the achievement list for Xbox is live yet. I tried forcing a scan on it but didn't pick up anything.
Weird. The game is out on Xbox but there’s no achievements?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Weird. The game is out on Xbox but there’s no achievements?
It happens on occasion. I'm sure the game does have achievements, the developers just haven't published the list yet. Usually the lists are published ahead of release but not always.

And - when a list hasn't been published yet, it also means that while you may be able to unlock achievements inside the game, they won't sync to Xbox servers until the list is live.

Last edited: