• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Fallout: New Vegas

Riorio99

I'm fairly excited, but I doubt I'll get it day one. Probably wait for it to go budget. Loved Fallout 3, but I don't think I could care too much for the same game in a slightly different location.

Also, shouldn't this thread be tagged as Multi, seeing as it's coming out for 360, PS3 and PC, rather than being a 360 exclusive.

Joey

It's a day one purchase for me. I adored Fallout 3.

I did too, which is exactly why I'm not feeling this game. It looks too similar of a game to play after putting a good 100 hours into Fallout 3.

This game has to be more than "more Fallout 3" for me to throw down $50 on it.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I grabbed all of the DLC for Fallout 3 because I wanted more. I put this in the same category.

I'm sure it won't take a step back gameplay and story-wise.

Joey

I grabbed all of the DLC for Fallout 3 because I wanted more. I put this in the same category.

I'm sure it won't take a step back gameplay and story-wise.

I'm not worried about it taking a step back, I'm just worried about being burned out on a game that looked dated when it came out over two years ago.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
My sentiments as well abe, day 1 purchase for me, really looking forward to the survival skills and hard mode=-)

Robby

Los Doyers!
Very excited. Loved Fallout 3, one of my favorite games of all time.
Don't change a winning formula too much and I feel this game does that just week, keep the basics but expand a bit in each area.

Can't wait to waste another 100+ hours into this game.

Edit: There seems to be another New Vegas thread, maybe a mod can merge the two
http://forums.exophase.com/showthread.php?t=20786

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
hmm, weird, i searched for a new vegas thread before i created this one, guess i didn't search hard enough

Bran

Yell
I pre ordered the special edition, but I'm not sure I want to stick with it. Might switch to the standard. I mostly just want the special metal chip it comes with.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just pre-ordered the collector's edition as well. I rarely get them, but felt compelled with it's offerings.

Josey Wales

Evil Poptart
I just pre-ordered the collector's edition as well. I rarely get them, but felt compelled with it's offerings.

You felt compelled to get a deck of cards and a poker chip? Meh

The last CE for Fallout 3 was actually cool, it had a lunchbox and a bobble head which kicks pretty hard ass.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, I played poker professionally for two years before my now wife made me quit. I have tons of poker chip sets in storage.

CodyatBestBuy

For anyone interested, Best Buy is going to be hosting a Fallout: New Vegas livestreaming event featuring an exclusive level walkthrough. In addition to that, Project Director Josh Sawyer will be on hand to answer questions from fans. I'm working with Best Buy to help get the word out about this, so if you've got any questions you'd like to ask, just let me know ASAP and I can forward them along. Will also be glad to share the event's livestream URL if anyone wants to check this out!

Robby

Los Doyers!
First day purchase for me. I have a modded xbox but I loved Fallout 3 too much. Bought it for both the 360 and my laptop.

But I just found out I'm going to be working that day til closing hours. I work at Target though so I can probably pick up a copy during my break if they aren't sold out. I'm really excited for this, can't wait to put 100+ hours into it again.