• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Far Cry 3 achievements on Uplay (Ubisoft Connect)

Johnny Broflex

Why does the page say that these achievements are unobtainable now? I've been playing Far Cry 3 as recently as a couple days ago and unlocked an achievement just fine.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
We've only tracked the challenges for Ubisoft games. Achievements are not trackable currently. They removed the challenges for a bunch of older titles not too long ago.

Johnny Broflex

Oh I saw that they removed most of the challenges but didn't realize the achievements weren't trackable. Any particular reason? Is it something on Ubisoft's end?

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah it is a limitation of Ubisoft's API. They don't display the achievements on the Ubisoft Connect website either, you can only view them in the desktop client, and even then, only for your profile. If you have a user added a friend it doesn't let you see their achievements in the app either. Until they change this, no way we'd be able to pull the achievements.

I'm not sure why they don't make the achievements more visible, it's been like this ever since the early Uplay days, but hopefully more changes will come eventually.