• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Far Cry 4

Monkeydad1977

Who's excited for Far Cry 4?! I loved Far Cry 3 and couldn't believe how much better it was than the first two games. A lot of times sequels get worse and worse like the Assassin's Creed series and Sonic The Hedgehog games. I hope that the formula for Far Cry 4 stays very close to Far Cry 3's. I understand that it is a new character and story and everything and I am o.k. with that. My main concern is that they don't mess with the game engine too much because I really liked everything about FC3's engine. I pre-ordered FC4 from Amazon as soon as the game was announced. I am very excited! :D

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Having played the first one when it came out and then the subsequent 2 I'm not sure how I feel about the general direction the series has been taken. I don't think anything will impress me as much as the first Far Cry back in the day. I enjoyed the more linear path provided in Far Cry 1 while still allowing for a decent amount of player freedom and a variety of environments. None of the other two far cry's have quite been able to replicate that with the more open-world layout and what seems to be less variety in the environments / areas.

Always interested in the next Far Cry game but didn't enjoy 3 as much as everyone has else seems to have.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
The gameplay clip they showed during the Sony E3 conference looked promising, I'll be checking it out for sure. Didn't enjoy FC2 that much - the respawning enemies were annoying and too much backtracking, but FC3 was a step in the right direction.

Agree with Ipaq though I still prefer the first Far Cry overall, but considering Crysis was sort of a spiritual successor to it I don't blame Ubi for taking a different direction.