• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Favorite heroines, female presences in Video Games

Survival Horror

I won't jump on the looks wagon, but I think the list is remiss to not include FemShep and the rebooted Lara Croft. Two of my favorite female characters in a long time. A good thing Ellie was in the list at least.
Here I’ll present my 10 favorite up until today.Ι am waiting for your choices :)
So everyone is free to choose his/her fav. Never was a fun of Lara Croft and I dont know who is FemShep.

Kenny007

FemShep is short for Female Shepard; choosing the female version of Commander Shepard in Mass Effect. I generally try to emulate myself in games, so I originally chose the male Shepard with my copy of ME1. I don't know what it was (though ME1 was a rough game in general), but I bounced off the title and abandoned it for about a year. After the year passed, I had no idea where I had left off, so I just started over, and, on a whim, chose the female version of Shepard. She made the game infinitely more interesting, and with my choices leaning towards Renegade in general (I also choose according to my own beliefs, and apparently I drift towards Renegade), her performance in that role made it even better. She was dominant and commanding, without getting into b!t#hy territory; she was Commander Shepard and you'd damn well follow her lead.

If ME3's ending weren't such crap, I might even go through the trilogy again. She was that awesome.

-----

Lara Croft has always been awesome to me, if originally just for being a hot, busty, English woman (I know that goes against the mindset of most of your detractors, but the original Tomb Raider came out while I was a teen...I WAS the target market...lol), however, the reboot of the series has presented the best Lara yet. She's still beautiful, but more down to earth and realistic on many fronts. There are those that give it flak concerning just how quickly she went from scared woman to relentless killer, but I found the transition reasonable, given the circumstances. The fact that TR2 is a limited exclusive on the X1 is BS; as much as I love the new series, since the company sees fit to make me wait just so they can cash an extra check from MS, so too will I see fit to wait for a sale; they're no longer entitled to my full retail price purchase/preorder.