Favorite turned based RPG game(s)?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Dragonsbait, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Dragonsbait

Dragonsbait Member

Not sure if this has been posted already, but here it goes.

My Favorites are all of the Disgaea games, Legend of Dragoon, Final Fantasy IV, Trails in the Sky, and
    Jeanne d'Arc.

2. SihayatheFremen

SihayatheFremen Active Member

FF4, FF9, Lost Odyssey, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: The Endless Frontier are some of my top ones.

3. PR0fessor Burnt

PR0fessor Burnt Active Member

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together is my Favorite I think. Followed by Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

4. chunji

chunji Member

Persona 3, Lunar 2, SaGa Frontier... I guess I could count FFX since it's one of the more recent ones that had legit turns instead of ATB.

5. Dragonsbait

Dragonsbait Member

Yeah, I do like legit turns.
    I think ATB is a neat concept, but a fully TB game is what I prefer because I like to take the time to plan everything out.

6. SC Shadow Blade

SC Shadow Blade Active Member

Most of the final fantasy series, chrono series hmmmm can think of anything right now :-(

7. Oddkowledge

Oddkowledge New Member

Jade Cocoon. Don't laugh!

8. SC Shadow Blade

What's jade cocoon like?

9. SC Shadow Blade

Also forgot Pokemon games as well

10. Dragonsbait

Dragonsbait Member

[​IMG] How could I forget those epic games.

SC Shadow Blade likes this.
  11. SC Shadow Blade

I kno right that should have been number one on the list

12. ParaFoXen

ParaFoXen New Member

pokemon games and mass effect games :D also dragon age games

SC Shadow Blade likes this.
  13. SC Shadow Blade

All great games but mass effect and Dragon age are not turn based rpgs. mass effect & Dragon age are super awesome though

14. Kenny007

Kenny007 New Member

Stretching the definition a bit, I'm a fan of many turn based strategy games with RPG elements; titles like Jagged Alliance and the recent XCOM. Squad based, tactical titles.

Spam and SC Shadow Blade like this.
  15. ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon New Member

Enchanted Arms.

Yeah, that's right!

16. NocturnalNL

NocturnalNL Active Member

I can't really pick favs since I enjoyed those I played... Most of them have been mentioned already in here, but I'd like to add 2 more that I recently played and got lost in. Terra Incognita (early access and still in development) and The albino hunter. Both are stripped from ATB and are fully turn based. I love RPGmaker games, when executed correctly that is lol

17. Dosto28

Dosto28 Member

FF VI, also i loved FF tactics, what a fantastic game but it was more srpg, chrono trigger and its sequel, Leyend of Dragoon, Breath of Fire IV and the fantastic Vagrant Story back to PS1 golden days

Modern ones Lost Oddyssey and Resonance of Fate

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  18. Dragonsbait

Dragonsbait Member

I tried playing Tactics and Lost Odyssey, but couldn't get into them. Now that I have a ps3 I might try and play those other games.

19. HyeVltg3

HyeVltg3 New Member

my new favorite is Time and Eternity.
    never knew dodging and coming out of random battles unscathed DUE TO SKILL rather than luck, could be so fun and rewarding.

20. jedo

jedo New Member Staff Member Guide Team

My personal favorites are the FF games and I also REALLY liked The Banner Saga. :D It was rough but totally worth struggling with for 2 playthroughs.