• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

feedback on cheat reports?

Bruce9000

Hi,

I reported an account I suspected of cheating back on the 27-April, but when I look at that account it’s still in the leaderboard and is still getting XP from the specific cheated game I reported as far as I can tell from the UI.

I’m left to assume either the report didn’t get submitted properly, or hasn’t been looked at in 2 months, or was looked at but was rejected as not being enough evidence or that I’m outright wrong and the very dubious unlocks are in fact legit because of some reason I’m not aware of - which is it? I’ll never know.

I was wondering if you have any plans to add some more feedback or transparency to your cheat report process? I don’t know if my cheat report has been looked at or if it even submitted successfully in the first place. When you submit a report it kind of just disappears without much acknowledgement. I'd find it helpful if you got a notification when it was submitted/actioned/rejected.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
We did receive the report however no action has been taken as of now. I’ll have to follow up with the other moderators but it’s likely because we didn’t have enough evidence to ban. The unlocks you pointed out were questionable but if we couldn’t find any other games with issues then it might not warrant a full profile ban.

Adding a feedback system to the reports is a good idea though. That part of the site is pretty simple right now but there are plans to expand on it so I’ll think about how we can add that. For now you can always PM me or another staff member on the forums to get the status of a report.

Bruce9000

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn’t sure how cheat reports worked here, if it was a single game getting zeroed out or if it was whole profile, so that’s good to know - if it’s full profile bans then if I report anything in future, I’ll make sure I look at at a wider sample as part of the report. Cheers!

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
x3 is working on an invalidation system that will enable us to stop a single / multiple games from counting for points / or on the leaderboards, without warranting a full profile ban. I'm looking forward to this feature. 😁

ITR

x3 is working on an invalidation system that will enable us to stop a single / multiple games from counting for points / or on the leaderboards, without warranting a full profile ban. I'm looking forward to this feature. 😁
Has this been put in place yet?

YouGotHitByGunner

Enforcer
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
No, not yet, it's being worked on. The priority right now is to get the guides system finished.

ITR

No, not yet, it's being worked on. The priority right now is to get the guides system finished.
That's a shame, every now and then I'm reminded of my second place in a game where the first place unlocked half the achievements in the same minute (not possible), so I hope it'll get implemented soon so I can have my first place spot, lol