• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

PC Final Fantasy 7 Re-Releasing On PC, Includes Achievements, Cloud Saves

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
ff7pcse.jpg

Square Enix has finally responded to the countless fan pleas for more Final Fantasy 7 with a... wait for it... re-release of Final Fantasy 7 on PC. Announced today, the PC offering will feature 36 unlockable achievements and cloud saving. Additionally, for those adverse to grinding, Square Enix has included a "Character Boosting" feature that allows players to pad their character's HP, MP, and Gil count at will.

You might ask, what's the point? Final Fantasy 7 actually hit PC awhile back, but the original release isn't directly compatible with modern-day operating systems.

Continue reading...

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Oh BOY! We get the same inferior version of yesteryear!

Are you gonna fix all the bugs? Make it compatible with W7+? Remove all MIDI support beyond GM because nobody has an XG MIDI card anymore? Give us the original soundtrack?

Yeah this is a cash in if I ever saw one.

WHY would ANYONE want Online features for this game? What's the fucking point?

Trigun

That guy, who Records Music.
Yeah I hope not. They can't possibly be THAT stupid.

Maybe they think they can pool the profits from this into a remake fund or someshit like that.

I mean, because the original PC version is vastly inferior to the original and was full of bugs and all kinds of issues. The only way that it has been fixed or changed is through fan patches/hacks.

It'll be interesting to see what this actually has.

Character Booster sounds exactly like the trainers from back in the day. That's hilarious.

Richlando

Where is the fun in "padding" your stats. Was that much grinding really needed anyway? Maybe for the Ultimate Bosses but even then..decent materia and strategy was all you really needed for them..meh is right. Just no please no SE do NOT gauge a remake based on any sales this may make you. The people WANT a remake and you know it, and have for a loooong time.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Where is the fun in "padding" your stats. Was that much grinding really needed anyway? Maybe for the Ultimate Bosses but even then..decent materia and strategy was all you really needed for them..meh is right. Just no please no SE do NOT gauge a remake based on any sales this may make you. The people WANT a remake and you know it, and have for a loooong time.

Yeah, there wasn't much grinding in FF7, at least compared to some of the earlier ones. I guess it could be useful for someone that just wants to enjoy the story, but then why play the game at all, just watch a YouTube walkthrough or something.

Richlando

Exactly. Something IS better than nothing but just give us the remake already. It will break sales records!! I secretly think its in dev anyway lol.

Craig Fairfax

illuminati Vereran
What about Mac. real niggas own macs too. The fuck square enix I get no ff7 love because of blibityboop PC magellin yo my toothbrush word yo.