• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Final Fantasy XIII

Colm

Both games look awesome (I didn't really like turnbased FF, but realtime is cool :D, really liked 12), but I'll probably only buy Vs13 because it looks the better of the two and I can't afford both.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
is FF VS 13 coming to the 369 as well?

Nothing's been confirmed on that. I... doubt it's coming, unless this generation lasts longer this time around (which I hope it does, I only got my 360 last year, and my PS3 last christmas period (I got my Wii in 2006, it feels like I've had it a fair while :p), barely had them at all). If it does, I can see it coming. Both games are being developed on the White Engine, which is a multiplatform engine (which is why FFXIII is actually possible to be ported to the 360, really).

Adiuvo

Nothing's been confirmed on that. I... doubt it's coming, unless this generation lasts longer this time around (which I hope it does, I only got my 360 last year, and my PS3 last christmas period (I got my Wii in 2006, it feels like I've had it a fair while :p), barely had them at all). If it does, I can see it coming. Both games are being developed on the White Engine, which is a multiplatform engine (which is why FFXIII is actually possible to be ported to the PS3, really).

I assume you mean 360 instead of PS3? It wouldn't make sense for it to be ported to the PS3 when the PS3 version has been in development longer.

With versus, probably not. Too much development time.

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
I assume you mean 360 instead of PS3? It wouldn't make sense for it to be ported to the PS3 when the PS3 version has been in development longer.

Whoops! Yes, I meant ported to the 360.

Sinfulfate

I doubt how much development time will matter. If FF XIII sells really well on 360 then S-E will more than likely release Versus on 360 as well. And honestly I wouldn't be surprised if FF XIII does similar numbers to RE 5 in NA on 360. I know Capcom is plenty happy they released RE 5 on 360, 900k units in like 18 days in NA alone is insane especially for a game that never appeared on the previous xbox. Can you imagine what FF XIII will do?

oneshibbyguy

aKa LunchBox
Just to get through the gate, I'm a huge FF fan. For as much money and time they have put into this game, I hope it stays true to the FF genre. I'd really hate to see Square-Enix loose focus on something like this, e.g. Action oriented, whilst skipping out on character development, storyline, etc.

*Keeps Fingers Crossed*

Sinfulfate

Just to get through the gate, I'm a huge FF fan. For as much money and time they have put into this game, I hope it stays true to the FF genre. I'd really hate to see Square-Enix loose focus on something like this, e.g. Action oriented, whilst skipping out on character development, storyline, etc.

*Keeps Fingers Crossed*

From what I have played it is. The combat system is a lot better than it was in FF XII and the story is a lot more interesting based on the demo anyway. I just hope they incorporate some player choice so the player can affect the outcome of the story.

agentnnc

That Guy I Am

If i remember correctly (and just by looking at the screenshots)...This is a sequel to Kindom Hearts. The enemy in that game was organisation XIII and the screenshots look like some of them are from the main town. I think this will end up being PS3 only :(

The Teej

Also know as The Tjalian
Final Fantasy XIII producer looking into downloadable demo for the West

Square Enix producer Yoshinore Kitase has told VideoGamer.com that Square Enix has "no plan" to release a disc-based demo for Final Fantasy XIII in the States. The demo, bundled with certain copies of the Blu-ray release of Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete, thrust PS3 to the top of the Japanese sales charts, and became the best-selling anime Blu-ray in Japan. While including a demo with the upcoming US release of the movie seems like a no-brainer, Kitase explained that a PS3-exclusive demo would be unfair to the Western audience that's also expecting an Xbox 360 demo. "We are going to carry on with the project alongside the Xbox version, so we really can't just make it available only for the PS3," he explained.

Kitase then noted that the company "would like to check" on the possibility of a downloadable demo. We're certain the logistics behind delivering a 5GB demo to the PSN/XBL masses will be quite difficult to figure out.

Source: Joystiq

Colm

I can't help but feel that the scores are driven by hype, I was never a turn-based person so I'll try this out before I buy it.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood