• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Final Fantasy XIII

KezraPlanes

Just some dood

TeamOverload

For those who did the XBOX Promotion promising a free exclusive gift, the emails have went out and the reward is a pet chocobo for your avatar.

Adiuvo

Looking at the community around the game people are split into two groups about it. The general consensus is that it's a good game but actually requires playtime before it gets to that point. The other says it shouldn't take that long.

So basically, people are whining for the sake of laziness. At least that's the impression I get.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Looking at the community around the game people are split into two groups about it. The general consensus is that it's a good game but actually requires playtime before it gets to that point. The other says it shouldn't take that long.

So basically, people are whining for the sake of laziness. At least that's the impression I get.

The general consensus is that this is a very good game even if it could have been much better. The combat system is splendid, the graphics are best seen up till now and muisc is fantastic, but the story seems to fail and the game is a bit too linear. Also Snow is an annoying character. (xD)

Pretty much it.

Nero

Mmmm...cookies
The story is meant to be shit but i'll still get it, versus has a much more in depth storyline and looks cooler.

Adiuvo

The general consensus is that this is a very good game even if it could have been much better. The combat system is splendid, the graphics are best seen up till now and muisc is fantastic, but the story seems to fail and the game is a bit too linear. Also Snow is an annoying character. (xD)

Pretty much it.

Did anyone expect Snow NOT to be annoying? He's a complete stereotype >_>

What's bad about the story anyways? Is it like FFXII where it's actually complicated? People seem to hate those type of stories in video games.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Did anyone expect Snow NOT to be annoying? He's a complete stereotype >_>

What's bad about the story anyways? Is it like FFXII where it's actually complicated? People seem to hate those type of stories in video games.

I've heard that it looks awesome in paper, but the passing to game was awful. Also seems like Lightning is a great maic char with tons of charisma (maybe to compensate for Snow? xD)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
They're only doing it for the sales.

Have you check the overall feeling about the story? It's one of the worse feedbacks in years... And you CAN'T backtrack at all during the game? WTF.

Adiuvo

I was talking about that horrible review :p

As for the story, I obviously don't know for sure, but I really think it's another case of FFXII. IE, SE makes a good story, but it's complicated, leading to most people hating it.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Keeping review posting brings us the PS3GEn review. 80/100

403 Forbidden

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I don't mind complicated stories, but what gets me is Square's modern day character designs. Everyone has crazy guido-style hair and for the most part, looks the same as far physical features go.

If you look at FF7 this is was not the case,t here was a diverse set of characters there - take Cloud and Barret for example. Same with FF8 and FF9. I think this trend started with FF10, although to a much lesser degree. Things have gotten progressively gotten worse since then.

Bad character designs puts me off from playing an RPG right off the bat, regardless of how good the story is. If I cannot get attached to the characters there is no point in playing. So while I might like FFXIII, I don't feel compelled at all to play it because of this reason.

This started to happen around the time Sakaguchi resigned from Square. I feel the company hasn't been quite the same ever since he left.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
I don't mind complicated stories, but what gets me is Square's modern day character designs. Everyone has crazy guido-style hair and for the most part, looks the same as far physical features go.

If you look at FF7 this is was not the case,t here was a diverse set of characters there - take Cloud and Barret for example. Same with FF8 and FF9. I think this trend started with FF10, although to a much lesser degree. Things have gotten progressively gotten worse since then.

Bad character designs puts me off from playing an RPG right off the bat, regardless of how good the story is. If I cannot get attached to the characters there is no point in playing. So while I might like FFXIII, I don't feel compelled at all to play it because of this reason.

This started to happen around the time Sakaguchi resigned from Square. I feel the company hasn't been quite the same ever since he left.

You just completely said what I had in mind.

Bad characters designs also put me off ever finishing Final Fantasy XII, or even touch it ever again.

Truth to be told though, Sakaguchi hasn't been doing as well as he thought he would. At least I've heard horrible things about Blue Dragon.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
You just completely said what I had in mind.

Bad characters designs also put me off ever finishing Final Fantasy XII, or even touch it ever again.

Truth to be told though, Sakaguchi hasn't been doing as well as he thought he would. At least I've heard horrible things about Blue Dragon.

True, I haven't heard good things about Blue Dragon either. Lost Odyssey is decent apparently, haven't played it though.

Adiuvo

X3, you do bring up a really valid point. Square is trying to go for a more realistic approach in regards to character designs I suppose, and that's really evident in XII. IE: All Humes look relatively the same, all Viera, etc..

It seems like rather than separating them like humans are, they used the races to define what they looked like.

El Diablo

To be honest I thought FFX and up until there had been fine. Yes Tidus and Wakka had some guido hair style going on, but I feel like the 2 of them were atleast different enough, and between the other 7 characters you had and all the others you encountered in the game, I didn't think it was that bad.

I do really agree with you though that with their games after that point or so, they have all begun looking the same. While looking through previews of XIII I couldn't tell who was who because they all look the damn same, even the girls and the guys.

All I want in an RPG is a really good story line that pulls you in, cool and different characters that have their own personalities and specialties, and a good combat system that isn't awkward to play (I tried playing FFXII the other day and holy shit, I had no idea how to even play anymore).

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
To be honest I thought FFX and up until there had been fine. Yes Tidus and Wakka had some guido hair style going on, but I feel like the 2 of them were atleast different enough, and between the other 7 characters you had and all the others you encountered in the game, I didn't think it was that bad.

I do really agree with you though that with their games after that point or so, they have all begun looking the same. While looking through previews of XIII I couldn't tell who was who because they all look the damn same, even the girls and the guys.

[HIGHLIGHT]All I want in an RPG is a really good story line that pulls you in, cool and different characters that have their own personalities and specialties, and a good combat system that isn't awkward to play (I tried playing FFXII the other day and holy shit, I had no idea how to even play anymore).[/HIGHLIGHT]

Give Lost Odyssey a day in court.

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
Have you check the overall feeling about the story? It's one of the worse feedbacks in years... And you CAN'T backtrack at all during the game? WTF.

Even if you could backtrack there wouldn't be point (story wise)
You would be running around in the town with nothing to do.

Final Fantasy Chris core was just like FFXIII you have you're shops at save points.
Anyway Final Fantasy is known for story and less for the gameplay.

El Diablo