• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Final Fantasy XIII

Bill

36 hours in, still on Chapter 11, I had a blazefire sabre * for the majority of the game so far, eventually a few hours back I bought a gladius and upgraded it to * in one shot, used the uranite found earlier in the game, then upgraded the result about 12 levels and now have a Lvl 37 Helter-Skelter:
Strength: 280
Magic: 118

Bill

This was my method starting from when you first access the upgrade system:

Sell accessories I don't use for a lot of gil, then go to creature comforts. Buy 40 of the last 80 gil cost materials, then go to lenora's garage and purchase either the turbojet or perfect conductor till you hit the amount of gil you want to spend.

Now, use the 40 you bought on the item you wish to upgrade. This will get you into the 3x bonus range. After completing this, use ALL of the materials you bought to get the full effect of the 3x.

The particle accelerators I used to upgrade the gladius to a * in one shot were from a mission in the tower, and at 3x is was worth over 50000 exp for 4 of them, which is all I had.

El Diablo

The most efficient way to upgrade weapons is to use 36 Vibrant Oozes to get the x3 multiplier, then buy an Ultracompact Reactor (costs 50,000) and it will usually give 50 and it will give you the most CP for your buck. Takes 2 or 3 to bring a tier 2 weapon to * level, it's not really worth using on the first tier.

Also once you reach chapter 11 you can ride around on the chocobo to find components in the ground, either catalysts or things to sell, and you can also try farming platinum ingots which sell for 150k and the same enemies also drop the catalyst you need for the tier 3 weapons.

Bill

The most efficient way to upgrade weapons is to use 36 Vibrant Oozes to get the x3 multiplier, then buy an Ultracompact Reactor (costs 50,000) and it will usually give 50 and it will give you the most CP for your buck. Takes 2 or 3 to bring a tier 2 weapon to * level, it's not really worth using on the first tier.

Also once you reach chapter 11 you can ride around on the chocobo to find components in the ground, either catalysts or things to sell, and you can also try farming platinum ingots which sell for 150k and the same enemies also drop the catalyst you need for the tier 3 weapons.

Which enemy drops these in chapter 11? And where?

El Diablo

The Adamantoise and Adamantortoises (the giant turtle things walking around the area WITH horns/husks on them).

Bill

Boss is friggin wicked.

I'm going to back track so I can grind a ton, hopefully I can beat the adamantoise/adamantortoises by the time I'm all the way back.

El Diablo

They aren't that bad using the Vanille death method.

Bill

Boss is friggin wicked.

DSC00232.jpg

EDIT:
SSPX0092.jpg

Sinfulfate

Did anyone else have a hard time against Odin? He kept interrupting my teams attacks with his combo attacks that knock you down and throw you up in the air. I ended up just using them both as medics and only attacked him when he had his shield up and finally got him, but man was that fight frustrating. They really need to just make the combat real time or turn based so its fair. This active time battle crap is so annoying especially when characters die because you try to get a quick cure off yet you get interrupted while casting it.

El Diablo

You need to beat him by debuffing him. When he's attacking you Fang should go setinel and Vanille go healer. When he stops attacking and rests have them both go sabotuer, rinse and repeat. I had a shit load of trouble until I did it like that, then it was pretty much cake.

twelve

I'm not dead
You need to beat him by debuffing him. When he's attacking you Fang should go setinel and Vanille go healer. When he stops attacking and rests have them both go sabotuer, rinse and repeat. I had a shit load of trouble until I did it like that, then it was pretty much cake.
Vanille and Fang? Odin is Lightning and Hope.

Set up two Paradigm's. Healer/Healer and Ravager/Ravager.

When he's doing his strong physical attacks use Healer/Healer, then switch to Ravager/Ravager for the calmer magic phase

El Diablo

Ugh, my bad. All of those fights are retarded anyway >.>

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I just started chapter 12 and somehow missed the ability to ride a chocobo in the plain area. Where was it?

I got the Helter Skelter to *, along with a second level * for Fang (the one that increases debuff durations) and a first level * for Vannille's Healer Staff. I've pretty much settled in on using the three chicks.

El Diablo

Not until Chapter 13, although if you're in chapter 13 I would say beat the game being going back so you can unlock the last crystal level thing.