• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Fix Recovery Mode up to 3.51M33

Roe

If you are having problems with the configuration menu like when you go into it it is just a blank screen you can do this. This is a different and quicker method than using the flash1 formatter.

For OE firmware

1. Plug your psp into your computer via usb cable

2. Go into recovery mode by holding the R button when turning on your psp.

3. Go into advanced and then Toggle USB (flash1)

4. Delete config.se from flash1.

And there you go, recovery mode should work. If you are having any problems post below.

For 3.51M33

1. Sometimes people may have problems accessing the flash through recovery mode in 3.51M33. Follow this to fix that.

2. Download this app HERE and put it in PSP\GAME

3. Open it in the XMB and follow the steps 3 and 4 and it should work again

Nutronic

I have the official OS 3.40 and would like to know how I can get into this recoevry thing because I just cant seem to be able to :mellow:

Roe

I have the official OS 3.40 and would like to know how I can get into this recoevry thing because I just cant seem to be able to :mellow:
It is impossible to get into recovery mode on that firmware as it doesn't have recovery mode. If you want recovery mode you will need to go to oe firmware, which you can't do either because you are on fw 3.40.

XTM_Rage

aXr^2 Developer
It is impossible to get into recovery mode on that firmware as it doesn't have recovery mode. If you want recovery mode you will need to go to oe firmware, which you can't do either because you are on fw 3.40.

See if you can trade PSPs with someone who has a 2.71 (or lower) firmware psp, if you can get one with that or lower firmware, you should be able to downgrade to 1.5 then upgrade to 3.40 OE A. XD