• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Flash Kart Where to Buy

phoenixv5

As I posted in the previous topic, I got a DSi and an R4 GOLD, which I now know to be a fake.
And according to what I read in the forums, the best flash karts are Acekard 2i and CycloDS.
Where do I buy one of these? I need a trusted site that ships to India!

phoenixv5

Is it reliable?

phoenixv5

@FrozenIpaq

One guy says he got a fake acekard from there?
I'm still trying this your site.

@Seth
Acekard 2i is out of stock in 5thdimension stores.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
@FrozenIpaq

One guy says he got a fake acekard from there?
I'm still trying this your site.

@Seth
Acekard 2i is out of stock in 5thdimension stores.

Always a chance of getting a fake regardless. I would still recommend them though as most sites would offer fakes regardless (since Nintendo has been cracking down on them)

phoenixv5

Well, since I don't know any other site, I'll try that.
Out of curiosity, which card did you order?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well, since I don't know any other site, I'll try that.
Out of curiosity, which card did you order?

Don't recall since it was for my brother but I believe the R4 SDHC (even though I'm pretty sure it's a "fake" cart it still works). Pretty sure you'll be good ordering an Acekard 2i

phoenixv5

@ Frozen Ipaq
Can't use that site, cause I can only transact in Rupees!
Any India sites which sell flashkarts?

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
i ordered an acekard 2.1 from the 5th dimension store after looking at this thread. according to their charts, i should have received it in 7-8 business days. i ordered it on september 28th, and still havent received it. they said they shipped it on october 2nd, but didnt offer any tracking or anything like that. im not that worried about it, but since a few people have suggested the 5th dimension store, i decided to post the results of my dealings with them in this thread. after looking around at a few other sites, they were definitely one of the better sites.

anyway, im not worried about it since i paid with paypal, but some sort or tracking would have been nice :argh:

Ray

I ordered mine on the 29 and i got it on the 08 of this month, normaly they say it takes 5 to 15 business days to be shipped but sometimes they take even longer (meaning general shipping not this page only) and i agree with you the only bad part is that they dont offer any tracking info.

ultimakillz

Teh Fett Mawn
speak of the devil, i went home for lunch and there it was sitting in my mailbox. i was a bit surprised they mailed it in a regular envelope with no extra padding or anything :\ oh well, at least its here (although i didnt have an opportunity to test it yet).

Ray

I think they are 1 of the easiest pages to buy from XD, no registration, no hustle, pretty simple = happy customer. ^_^

phoenixv5

I did try.
But in the present condition, I can neither use paypal (they require PAN number, which I don't have) nor credit cards.
Just a debit card.
And as I said, only in Rupees!

Ray

Well i have a debit card linked to my paypal account and i dont use dollars i use Dominican pesos paypal does a exchange and pays the shop in dollars but charges me in Dominican pesos, am in the Dominican Republic.

phoenixv5

@ohle
Many of the flash karts there are NOT original.
Don't know about acekard 2i DSTT and all. But R4, there are three or four fakes there.
Well, from what I heard, many people (myself included) are victims of fake R4s.
So can anyone give reviews of these flash karts?

R4i GOLD FAKE of FAKE (the one I bought, no reviews needed)
Recognizable by the SDHC label on the left side of R4i label and different website (r4-pro.com)
VERY POOR rom compatability and freezes all the time. Moonshell detects a lot of errors.

R4i Gold Clone
Different from above. Website is different and R4i label is to the right of SDHC label.

R4 Wood
Black box, rest unknown.

R4i SDHC
Red box with black card inside? This the real deal

R4/R4i RTS
New supposed combination of R4 and M3i. Can anyone review?

DSTT
The DS/DSLite variant of DSTTi. According to the website this card is no longer available and if anyone sees it, it is fake.
But I've seen this card, in amazon (out of stock though) and in a shop. It was in the Half moon packing. This real or fake?
How is its compatability?

So requesting reviews of these flash karts. Anyone who bought them, please respond.
Btw with all these fakes around, can anyone tell me what the REAL R4i looks like? I know its red. But perhaps a picture or two?

phoenixv5

I bought a DSTT, works fine for now.
Almost all roms work fine (yes, I did use backups, guilty as charged).
I say almost because heart gold crashes before battles.
Is it because of the backup, where do I get a cheap REAL rom in India?
And for anyone who has it, how much did you pay?
I have to pay Rs.3000 or more (65$ I think) to buy from ebay Global easy buy!
Please suggest.