• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

focalprice.com

mopargk

Would this site except ad money from a known supplier of knockoffs and fakes?? Would this site be that hard up for money?? AND WOULD THIS SITE LET ITS MEMBERS KNOWINGLY GET ROYALY SCREWED BY A SITE ADVERTISER??
I saw an ad on QJ.NET, Sony 2200 mAH batteries at a really good price. And you could only order 10 at that price. Also there were 8 GB pro duo memory sticks at really good price, not cheap, but still a good price.
19 days later I open up the bag and out comes 10 of the batteries with the normal Sony packaging each in there very own little plastic bags. Broke them out and started charging them.......nothing....out of the ten, none would charge up....not one. ALL FAKES.....
BROKE OUT THE MEMORY STICKS and started checking them out. THERE ALL F--KING FAKES
OK, now that I've firgued out that everything I ordered from focalprice.com are all FAKES. I take THE STORY to the site forum and asked if they knew about this?? And was told BY THE SITE OWNER, AND I QUOTE "You should always check with us (the forums) if you are making a purchase like that. Even though the site may have ads for it doesn't mean we support it...that's your own mistake."

WHAT SITE, NOW KNOWING ALL THIS, WOULD TELL A MEMBER IT'S MY FAULT FOR THINKING I COULD GET A GOOD DEAL FROM AN AD ON QJ.NET'S OWN SITE? THEY ARE PAID TO SET UP PEOPLE TO BE RIPPED OFF???? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE???

HASN'T ANYONE EVER HEARD OF THE RICO ACT, ON GOING CRIMINAL ENTERPRISES...ALL YOU NEED TO DO TO PROVE IT IS TO ORDER SOMETHING....
DOESN'T ANYBODY BELEIVE IN HONESTY ANYMORE..............

ok I'm Done with my rant......... I'll go back and sit in my corner........sigh:confused1:
I'M SORRY IF MY TEXAN WAYS ARE HANGING OUT ALL OVER......

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Wow, sorry to hear that. I would have been skeptical right off the bat though. Had a look at the site and they are selling 3600 mAh batteries for $5. Too good to be true.

Never trust advertisements on sites, as many come from third parties like Google without the owner's knowledge. Usually doing a quick search on the company name can tell you if a shop is reputable or not.

aero125

Sorry to hear that.

Maybe you could try http://www.dealextreme.com/

I have bought something online from them ( a company based in Hong Kong ) recently and they are ok. Prices a lot cheaper than many other sites.

mopargk

xs.php
[/url][/IMG]Sorry to give you the bad news.......Theey sell the exact same battery as I hold in my hand for $2 USD higher than I paid. Same tan card in the plastic pacckage, STAMINA in blue........
yup, it's same one...2200 mAH Battery Pack.....PSP-280....

XsavioR

A word of advice.....

QJ.net has been responsible for releasing brickers to the public.

Though they offer an invaluable service..... They can never offer as safe of content as say,,, this site does,,, Due to the fact they have TONS of paid news posters.

We do what we do here because we want to. Often paying out of our pockets to be able to provide the info we do.

QJ posters get paid.... per post.

I like qj.net. Dont get me wrong.... They are kind enough to post my releases when I have them. But it is not a site that you should trust the content of, on faith . Research , preferably b4 you install things from it. Or better off use it for what it is.... a link to the developers site.

For the record, i payed 40 $ for my battery of identical stats... and that was with my employee discount. As x3 said, if its too good to be true it probably is.

Sorry bud.

Dont hate the company who sold them either.... Its deals like that that make reverse engineering pandoras affordable. To some one determined to open the battery up,, and tinker its quite a deal. But probably understood they are non working units.

mopargk

OK....
There is one bright spot though.....the R-4 chip for DS I got from them works perfectly....for $17.00US.......GO FIG...

Gwapingn8

A word of advice.....

Though they offer an invaluable service..... They can never offer as safe of content as say,,, this site does,,, Due to the fact they have TONS of paid news posters.

We do what we do here because we want to. Often paying out of our pockets to be able to provide the info we do.

I like qj.net. Dont get me wrong.... They are kind enough to post my releases when I have them. But it is not a site that you should trust the content of, on faith . Research , preferably b4 you install things from it. Or better off use it for what it is.... a link to the developers site.

For the record, i payed 40 $ for my battery of identical stats... and that was with my employee discount. As x3 said, if its too good to be true it probably is.

Sorry bud.

Dont hate the company who sold them either.... Its deals like that that make reverse engineering pandoras affordable. To some one determined to open the battery up,, and tinker its quite a deal. But probably understood they are non working units.

THAT'S TRUE!

before I got started with PSP, i checked out several sites, and for some reason... I know I could trust this site... first person to make me feel that way was x3sphere.... thanks dudes! without you guys me and my PSP won't be as close as we are now!:crying::crying:

just kidding... but seriously, I owe all my PSP knowledge to EXOPHASE and its staff!:smile:

mopargk

I owe all my PSP knowledge to EXOPHASE and its staff!
Yup, with me......I some how found Dark-Alex's site first and at the bottom of page was a site called Exo something......And I went from I want to play Mario Brothers on my PSP to
WOW.......LOOK WHAT ELSE I CAN DO WITH THIS THING!!!
And yes I owe Exophase,D A, QJ, and a few others everything I know about my PSP.

And for that I say THANKS FOLKS.......COULD NOT HAVE DONE IT WITHOUT YOU.

wally

Developer
You should send these batteries / memory sticks back.

They weren't sold as advertised or if you paid by paypal, request a refund.

Wally

Gwapingn8

You should send these batteries / memory sticks back.

They weren't sold as advertised or if you paid by paypal, request a refund.

Wally

he is right dude....

if you paid through PAYPAL...

you always have the protection of a refund...

even if the fellow tries to run off... you will still get a refund.

the trick though is to file a complain before the specific time-frame expires.

check your transaction and file a complain and follow it up from there.

well, assuming you paid through paypal of course.:smile:

mopargk

I'm out of the time window. Guess I'll just put it down as a learning thing. And stumble on.......:mellow:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
A word of advice.....

Sorry bud.

I'd just like to point out that QJ was not the only one to unknowingly release a bricker and we were not alone in that act. For the period of time in which I was employed at QJ for the blogs I could assure you that the content I presented and the content we covered was precise, correct and written by knowledgable individuals. Sadly QJ has taken many people in who have little to no knowledge of the scenes that they cover and as a result we have such posts that we have now.

mopargk

I STILL FEEL BURNT....A YEAR LATER........O WELL! :confused1::confused1::confused1:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
On the bright side, at least this thread now shows on the first page of Google when searching for 'focalprice.com' I imagine it must be doing wonders for their reputation ;)

Gabrille

Hello, I have bought from focalprice.com, and the price is really very cheap, and the problem is their service, I feel it is no good, when I ask the Customer Service, they just tell me to ask RMA, when I ask RMA, they advice me to ask Customer Service, they take me just like a ball! Some friends advice me to go to mousego.com, I just get in touch with them, the price is Ok, and the service is good, I am going to try, who bought from the website? Share with me your experiences?

TBDbill

i had ever bought a used ps3 controller at the similiar site called eachgame.me !now a new ps3 controller dualshock is selling for 30 bucks at radioshack just thought u would like to know that its pretty cheap

Seth

MD Party Room
what with all the wacky fonts people lol