• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Forgotten Password...

january39

eXo Staff
Ok, so on my other laptop i have forgotten the windows password. Anyone know a solution to bypass this and reset the password? Using vista.

Ages ago, i entered via safe mode as admin and reset password, fire it up as normal and created a new password...Simple - Does this still work with vista?

If it does, i cannot seem to access the safe mode - tried pressing F8 and just boots as normal (well, to password login :mad1: ) - Googled it and it says F8 is the way to go, seemingly though not for me :confused1:

january39

eXo Staff
Got into safe mode, but cannot access via admin - have to login and as i do not have the password...

Looked at the stuff prof posted and it seems the way to go, but having trouble getting it to burn to disc....I love a challenge.

Anymore idea's are gratefully received :)

january39

eXo Staff
Cheers Mortal, yeah thats the one prof suggested and is the one struggling to burn to disc, think it is the discs but not had chance to buy anymore yet, from what i read it will do the job.

JustPie

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

If you have trouble burning disks, UBCD comes with a FlashDrive installer, which allows you to install the boot loader on a flash drive and boot of the flash drive.

to reset your password boot of the flash and select the following ( not sure what the menus are called, but this will be pretty close )

HardDrive tools
-NTFS
--Offline NT password Recovery & registry

It will walk you though a few options to reset your windows password. This works on xp,vista,windows7

january39

eXo Staff
Cheers for that, i did get in burnt in the end and it worked perfectly :)