• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Formatting hardrive to hold more than 4 gigs...

El Diablo

I'm trying to format my hardrive so it can hold files larger than 4 gigs on it, the problem is though that NTFS does not work on my ps3, and FAT32 will not hold files larger than 4 gigs...is there any format or way to set up my hardrive so I can both hold files larger than 4 gigs, and have it be compatable with my ps3?

Cryox

Bro.
If you are trying to put a 4gb+ video or something on you PS3, you could try to split the file into 2 parts so that they are each under 4gb?

But that would only work for some things if it isn't a movie/video.

Seth

MD Party Room
Only if you feel like booting into linux and have a usb drive formated in ext3 and loading the video with vlc or something

El Diablo

I was trying to put my ps2 backups on my hard drive to use them on my ps3, it it was video I would have just split them. I never knew you couldn't put files larger than 4 gigs on a FAT32 hard drive though, guess I will have to split up my fraps movies if I want to put them on there, and give up on this ps2 shit.

El Diablo

Yes'm, all my old ps2 games are completely ruined and scratched up after not taking care of them for a while and I wanted to play some again and read about a way to play backups on a launch ps3 so I thought it would be a great idea to try although it just turned into more frustration then it was worth.

eldiablov

Contributor
Yes'm, all my old ps2 games are completely ruined and scratched up after not taking care of them for a while and I wanted to play some again and read about a way to play backups on a launch ps3 so I thought it would be a great idea to try although it just turned into more frustration then it was worth.

I'm pretty sure the programs have NTFS support. Although the PS3 OS doesn't :sleep: