• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Forum redesign goes live, paving the way for MfM merge

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If you haven't already noticed, today we went live with a fully redesigned layout for the forums, marking the first-ever update since 2006. Our goal was to mimic the front page in style while retaining the simplistic nature of the previous design.

In addition, we have upgraded our forum system software to vBulletin 4.x. It may take some time to familiarize yourself with the changes but overall we think this is a step forward.

As an aside, I'd like to point out that this phase one of our forum reboot. Soon we will join forces with MforMature.net in a merger that essentially will combine the best bits of both sites under the same umbrella. While our name will remain the same, significant changes will be made to the forum structure and focus. Since our inception, the forums have mainly served as a one-stop shop for everything PSP. The neighboring sections were more or less neglected as a result. We realize this and promise that things will change with the MfM merger. Going forward, all sections will be given equal attention to promote community involvement. You can read MfM's take on the forthcoming changes here. While there is no set date on the merge yet, ideally we are aiming to finish the process this month.

Have any thoughts or suggestions? Post 'em here! :smile:

Alex

OOOOOOO Loving the update! Looks well sleek xD

Darkchild

The Doctor
Love it too! has a few bugs here 'n there, but you'll work those out :p

like this one:
yay.JPG
(look at the icon on the far right, its above the thread's name)
yay1.JPG
shouldn't that button be centered and not aligned to the right?
and the text also centered?
Just sayin'

(Using google chrome btw)

MenaceInc

Staff Member
only looking on my netbook but looks good. I second the request for a dark theme though

PR0fessor Burnt

sorry for the double post but I noticed that when you clock on the Exophase forums at the bottom of the page it brings you back to Exophase rather then the forums

RedHate

I can has hax nao?
site looks and works pretty decently, nice job updating i find alot of times when updating from old forums some "admins" loose alot of content or make bad choices like ******* for example. also *thumbs down* @ merging mfm and exo, this place was quiet and nice i liked that kinda sucks we're gonna have a shit tone of asshole trolls here now. (just some feed back doesnt mean i'll stop comming here just hope it continues to be the #1 site for me even though im not very active i love this place for what it is)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
"make bad choices like *******" Who was censored?

Presumably he's referring to the site that screwed over D_A, among countless other developers.

Anyways, appreciate the feedback. :smile: We're going to do our best to make sure this remains a peaceful and friendly community post-merge.

Thanks for reporting all the bugs thus far, those will be fixed soon!

Darkchild

The Doctor
I don't mind about the merge, and I like the new look :)
I'm the last person you'll see complain xD
though, seriously, good job :D

RedHate

I can has hax nao?
meh ignore me, im just a grump :p could be good for the place, guess i'll have to just wait in see what happens :D good luck with the merge <3

also i didnt know that about said site, thats not cool @ all glad i dont visit it much D: doubt i'll be going back to visit / support them if they're a buncha judas's

Alex

meh ignore me, im just a grump :p could be good for the place, guess i'll have to just wait in see what happens :D good luck with the merge <3

also i didnt know that about said site, thats not cool @ all glad i dont visit it much D: doubt i'll be going back to visit / support them if they're a buncha judas's

Yeee i only go to the site for homebrew updates really, other then that exo has my heart :)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Since this merge is happening, I might as well start being active here aswell and drop my lurker status.

Hi there guys xD

Hellcat

Contributor
Since this merge is happening, I might as well start being active here aswell and drop my lurker status.

Hi there guys xD
:eek:

fork....
/me runns....

Nah, kidding ;)

Well, since the update I was totally unable to visit the forum, got the header and nothing more was loaded - tried from multiple computers, some internet connection though.
Now trying through my (own, private, not shared) proxy and it seems working, so I'm fine :)

mortalinstincts

eXophase Staff
Love the new forum design. Its looking great! I wish we could have somehow fit the old logo somewhere :biggrin: But i guess we have to move on sometimes!

As far as the merger is concerned, good luck with it! :smile: Hope it takes place seamlessly. I'm all for it, as it will combine Exophase's traffic with the active forum community on mfm. Thumbs up!

P.S. - I'm glad the emoticons are still there :w00t:

Alex

Love the new forum design. Its looking great! I wish we could have somehow fit the old logo somewhere :biggrin: But i guess we have to move on sometimes!

As far as the merger is concerned, good luck with it! :smile: Hope it takes place seamlessly. I'm all for it, as it will combine Exophase's traffic with the active forum community on mfm. Thumbs up!

P.S. - I'm glad the emoticons are still there :w00t:

Yeah everything you mentioned is all good, but the old logo is still there, or i need to clear my cache, Its there as favicon (the logo in the toolbar)

EDIT: You should add the mario logo thingy under where it says exophase...That logo was awesome xD

EDIT2: another bug i found, in the inbox messaging, the quotes are all funny, also when you select all the messages and the button to delete at the bottom is all funny...
EDIT3: Wheres the arcade?

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Loving the new theme. Could we possibly get a dark theme to? the light one is just a little hard on the eyes for me

We plan on bringing over the Dark Theme from MfM and using that here to help the transition for some, and to appease those that do not like the redesigned light theme here.

Which I think looks great by the way.