• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Forum redesign goes live, paving the way for MfM merge

Hellcat

Contributor
Another thing I fetched:

On the old theme (as on most) when doing a "new posts" search there was a seperator "The following threads have not been posted in since your last visit but still contain unread posts".
That one's missing on the new theme.... would be cool to get it back :)

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
So, this is my first time on the actual forums in a long time. I'm loving the new design, it's about time x3sphere! I hated the old design (well hate is a strong word...), hence why I never came on the forums that much. Glad I came on today to check it out though

Moose

Meta Moose
Lovely theme; very pretty. Makes browsing the forums more enjoyable. Good choice! I'm certainly looking forward to MfM merging with eXophase.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Just one question. Can't we have a latest posts thing on the bottom of the main page like on MfM? I think it help people join the current discussions on the forum.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just one question. Can't we have a latest posts thing on the bottom of the main page like on MfM? I think it help people join the current discussions on the forum.

That's on the to-do list. :smile: It will be ready in time for the merge.

Alex said:
EDIT 3: Wheres the arcade?

It's coming back soon. Needs to be revamped as the old version doesn't work with vB 4.

Dan

Contributor
I don't know the official name for it, but are we getting the top navigation bar from MfM?
Code:
User CP Donate MfM Arcade MfM Chat (26)	 MfM LIVE	Projects	New Posts	Search Quick Links Log Out

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I don't know the official name for it, but are we getting the top navigation bar from MfM?
Code:
User CP Donate MfM Arcade MfM Chat (26)	 MfM LIVE	Projects	New Posts	Search Quick Links Log Out

Probably not the exact layout or links. I'm assuming x3sphere is aiming for both form and function. We had out top bar loaded with a lot of links and it got confusing at times to be honest.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Probably not the exact layout or links. I'm assuming x3sphere is aiming for both form and function. We had out top bar loaded with a lot of links and it got confusing at times to be honest.

Awesome! Most recent topics thing has been added :) ty :D

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team

I don't think the navbar is/was confusing at all. Where do you think it tripped up people?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I don't think the navbar is/was confusing at all. Where do you think it tripped up people?

Well it was confusing at times only when we added more links up there (and the links would shift in their location). I don't think confusing was the right word. Also Quick Links - I never found myself using that and was surprised that it didn't even contain the normal "My Profile" link, which is something I could've easily fixed myself.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Well it was confusing at times only when we added more links up there (and the links would shift in their location). I don't think confusing was the right word. Also Quick Links - I never found myself using that and was surprised that it didn't even contain the normal "My Profile" link, which is something I could've easily fixed myself.

Bear in mind: you as an Admin saw many more items that regular members and guests would not see.

Nick

okay, so some jerkov logged into my account on MFM and posted lemonparty on the forums. so im banned. once we merge with MFM, does that mean that i will be banned here too? ;_;

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
okay, so some jerkov logged into my account on MFM and posted lemonparty on the forums. so im banned. once we merge with MFM, does that mean that i will be banned here too? ;_;

That ban will not carry over. I'm not sure why you are still banned at MfM, as we identified it wasn't you who posted the images. Anyways, I'll lift the ban on your account right now. :)

KezraPlanes

Just some dood