• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Free Custom Firmware Installation Service?

GuiltySpark

MaxConsole and a few other sites have something similar to this.

How about we start up a list of volunteers that would be prepared to install Custom Firmware on PSP consoles for free (as long as shipping is covered both ways)?

I feel Exophase has a slightly more mature and '1337' comunity than Maxconsole and the likes. It could be really cool.

I'm from the UK and wouldn't mind volunteering, and I'm guessing most of you are from the US so that wouldn't be a problem.

Thoughts?

J

jx233

Yes, its possible in the US. :)

But I can only cover one section of the US: the State of Pennsylvania. I'm not sure if I want to be involved or not.

I just hack a friend's PSP to custom firmware only. Then that friend hacks another friend's PSP and so on. I don't usually hack PSPs that are not local.

But, you have a good idea. An unbricking/custom firmware service would increase Exophase's popularity.

GuiltySpark

Yes, its possible in the US. :)

But I can only cover one section of the US: the State of Pennsylvania. I'm not sure if I want to be involved or not.

I just hack a friend's PSP to custom firmware only. Then that friend hacks another friend's PSP and so on. I don't usually hack PSPs that are not local.

But, you have a good idea. An unbricking/custom firmware service would increase Exophase's popularity.

I'm glad you think its a good idea. I suppose it would attract more traffic too.

angelsniper45

i can cover north texas.

angelsniper45

thats what thats for? i never read that. i thought it was basically just stating where you were.

Darkchild

The Doctor
I myself am on that map, it is good for other people to know where you are, thus making it easier for them looking for someone who can actually do the service.

Even X3Sphere put himself there, so I think its ok :)

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
thats what thats for? i never read that. i thought it was basically just stating where you were.

Correct, not everyone on the map is offering to install custom firmware. But if you'd like to point out that you offer such a service then doing so in that thread would be fine. It may be better to create a specific thread for this, though.

Darkchild

The Doctor
well, I thought that thread was for that, if not, we CAN make a post for that :O

(If I remember correctly, in my noobie faqs, I had that link :X)