• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Game Icon Submissions

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
If there's an icon for a game on the site that you'd like to see updated, please use this thread to submit suitable replacements! This thread is meant for replacing icons with obvious visual issues (e.g. poor quality due to compression, cropping issues, etc).

Guidelines
  • Focus should be on the game logo, only use official artwork/boxart (no fan art)
  • The image must be in PNG format so no compression artifacts are present
  • Recommended size is 364x200, or 288x158 if larger assets are not available.
  • Link to the associated game page next to each image replacement
  • Please upload images as an attachment here, as some image hosts will compress images

Last edited:

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
If there's an icon for a game on the site that you'd like to see updated...
Hope I'm not creating too much work for you in here!
I spent waaaaaay more time than I should have on this set but I wanted them to look good.

Borderlands (PS3)
Borderlands (360)
Borderlands (JP) (360)

Borderlands 1.0.png

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (PS3)
Borderlands GOTY (Steam)
<- change to Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (Xbox One)
Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition (PS4)

Borderlands 1.1 GOTY.png

Borderlands: Game of the Year Edition <- change to Borderlands: Game of the Year Enhanced
Borderlands 1.2 GOTY Enhanced.png

Borderlands 2 (360)
Borderlands 2 (Vita/PS3)
Borderlands 2 (Steam)
Borderlands 2 RU (Steam)
<- change to Borderlands 2 (RU)
Borderlands 2 (Xbox One)
Borderlands 2 (PS4)
Borderlands 2 (G Play)

Borderlands 2.0.png

Borderlands 2 VR (PS4)
Borderlands 2 VR (PS4)
<- not sure if this is another language version or something?
Borderlands 2 VR (Steam)

Borderlands 2.1 VR.png

Borderlands 3 (Xbox One)
Borderlands 3 (PS4)
Borderlands 3 (Stadia)

Borderlands 3 (Console).png

Borderlands 3 (Steam) <- Steam used different artwork so I used that
Borderlands 3 (Steam).png

😄

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Oops, looks like I missed an Overcooked! 2

Overcooked! 2 (PS4)
copy to
Overcooked! 2 (Steam)

Really happy with how this set turned out:

Dead or Alive 5 (360)
Dead or Alive 5 (PS3)

Dead or Alive 5.0.png

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 PLUS (Vita) <- rename Dead or Alive 5 Plus
Dead or Alive 5.01 Plus.png

DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Ultimate (PS3) <- rename Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate
Dead or Alive 5.1 Ultimate.png

Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (Steam)
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (360)
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round (PS3)
<- rename Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round (PS4) <- rename Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round: Core Fighters (Xbox One) <- rename Dead or Alive 5 Last Round

Dead or Alive 5.2 Last Round.png

DEAD OR ALIVE 6 (Xbox One) <- rename Dead or Alive 6
DEAD OR ALIVE 6 (PS4) <- rename Dead or Alive 6
DEAD OR ALIVE 6 (Steam) <- rename Dead or Alive 6

Dead or Alive 6.png

😁

Last edited:

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection (PS3) <- rename Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection
copy to
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection (360) <- rename Dragon Ball Z: Budokai HD Collection

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3)

copy to
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (360)

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (PS3)

copy to
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 2 (360)

DRAGON BALL FIGHTERZ (Xbox One)
<- rename Dragon Ball FighterZ
DRAGON BALL FighterZ (Steam) <- rename Dragon Ball FighterZ
DRAGON BALL Fighter Z (PS4) <- rename Dragon Ball FighterZ

Dragon Ball Fighterz.png

DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT (Steam) <- rename Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT (PS4) <- rename Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT (Xbox One) <- rename Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

Dragon Ball Z Kakarot.png

Slime Rancher (Steam)
Slime Rancher (Xbox One)
Slime Rancher (PS4)

Slime Rancher.png

😁

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
^ Looks like you missed that one.

By the way I noticed there's a larger size, 364 x 200, listed under "o" rather than "l" (I'm guessing l = large and o = original?) is there a reason not to use the larger size?

Yeah, that's correct. The size of 'o' can depend on the platform, I just created it to store the original image, so it's in the highest resolution format they offer. I think it's only used in the meta tags for Twitter/Facebook sharing.

You can certainly upload a larger version as long as it resizes down to 288x158 without cropping (so 364 x 200 is fine). I don't know if we'll ever use larger images than that on the actual site, but might to good to store the larger versions, just in case.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Yeah, that's correct. The size of 'o' can depend on the platform, I just created it to store the original image, so it's in the highest resolution format they offer. I think it's only used in the meta tags for Twitter/Facebook sharing.

You can certainly upload a larger version as long as it resizes down to 288x158 without cropping (so 364 x 200 is fine). I don't know if we'll ever use larger images than that on the actual site, but might to good to store the larger versions, just in case.
Right, that makes sense. Kind of a shame I didn't know from the start as I've been making these at the smaller size but never mind. I'll stick to 364 x 200, if that's the max size the PS3/PS4 icons come in there's probably not much point going higher than that.

Oh, a sort of off-topic question. For the alphabetical game sorting does the site use the visible name seen on the site or does it use a hidden name? I ask because I noticed the PS4 Crash Trilogy games appear in the correct order:

Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot Warped

But in Windows Explorer if I name the icons that way they're ordered:

Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Crash Bandicoot

But maybe that's just Windows Explorer being dumb. But if there is a hidden name used it might be cool to edit those to get certain games to appear in the "proper" order when the games names screw it up? Just a thought.

Last edited:

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Right, that makes sense. Kind of a shame I didn't know from the start as I've been making these at the smaller size but never mind. I'll stick to 364 x 200, if that's the max size the PS3/PS4 icons come in there's probably not much point going higher than that.

Oh, a sort of off-topic question. For the alphabetical game sorting does the site use the visible name seen on the site or does it use a hidden name? I ask because I noticed the PS4 Crash Trilogy games appear in the correct order:

Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot Warped

But in Windows Explorer if I name the icons that way they're ordered:

Crash Bandicoot 2
Crash Bandicoot Warped
Crash Bandicoot

But maybe that's just Windows Explorer being dumb. But if there is a hidden name used it might be cool to edit those to get certain games to appear in the "proper" order when the games names screw it up? Just a thought.

No worries, I'll update the guidelines to recommend 364 x 200.

The visible name is what's used for sorting. Windows Explorer must use a different method of sorting, on my Linux/Ubuntu system it shows the same order as on the site when sorting by name. There might be a setting somewhere in Windows to change that behavior, not sure.

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 1.26.45 PM.png

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
No worries, I'll update the guidelines to recommend 364 x 200.

The visible name is what's used for sorting. Windows Explorer must use a different method of sorting, on my Linux/Ubuntu system it shows the same order as on the site when sorting by name. There might be a setting somewhere in Windows to change that behavior, not sure.
Alright, good to know. Yeah Windows has always been a bit weird with alphabetical sorting.

In that case I'd recommend renaming
Crash Bandicoot: Warped to Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
otherwise a bunch of other Crash games get sandwiched between Crash 2 and 3. It's actually officially referred to with the number included as often as without so it's equally as valid, and the PS1 version in the database includes the 3 already. I don't know why they ever take the 3 out of the name honestly.

Given that we can fix game names and icons on this site the only thing missing for me personally is some sort of custom sort order for our profiles. Which I've brought up before just worth pointing out, as this site is really fantastic and that would be the icing on the cake. Either a user/custom option in the sort menu that lets us reorder games or a feature to create custom lists. Whichever works.

Oh, I posted some more icons above your previous post, just in case you missed them. Thanks!

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Alright, good to know. Yeah Windows has always been a bit weird with alphabetical sorting.

In that case I'd recommend renaming
Crash Bandicoot: Warped to Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
otherwise a bunch of other Crash games get sandwiched between Crash 2 and 3. It's actually officially referred to with the number included as often as without so it's equally as valid, and the PS1 version in the database includes the 3 already. I don't know why they ever take the 3 out of the name honestly.

Given that we can fix game names and icons on this site the only thing missing for me personally is some sort of custom sort order for our profiles. Which I've brought up before just worth pointing out, as this site is really fantastic and that would be the icing on the cake. Either a user/custom option in the sort menu that lets us reorder games or a feature to create custom lists. Whichever works.

Oh, I posted some more icons above your previous post, just in case you missed them. Thanks!

Sounds good, yeah I have the custom sort option on the to do list. It will likely be implemented sometime after the redesign is out of beta.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Sounds good, yeah I have the custom sort option on the to do list. It will likely be implemented sometime after the redesign is out of beta.
Cool, thanks.

Something else I thought of: would it be hard to implement a feature for adding games to our profiles that aren't already on our PSN ID/Gamertag/etc. I know we can manually add games already from a generic database, but that's not the same as adding the proper/official entries with the proper icon, achievement progress bar, ect.

I know that's not a super useful feature for most people, but I'd like to be able to add games to my list that I intend to play at some point but haven't bought or played yet. I just don't like adding them from the database with the cropped icons and no progress bar and such. Me being picky, I know. If it's too much trouble maybe don't bother but if it's not too difficult that would be cool.

More icons:

Worms (360)
Worms (PS3)

Worms.png

Worms W.M.D (Full List)
Worms WMD.png

Copy this - https://i.exophase.com/psn/games/o/2g65e.png
to these:
Worms Revolution (360)
Worms Revolution (Steam)

😄

Last edited:

XyberDAWG

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
Do we prefer the boxart in background

(Trying to find the cleanest boxart across platforms and regions, and placing the CleanLogo over top. Or do we prefer just the Cleanlogo on a solid background? I think the CleanLogo on jurassic park looks great, but the box was almost exactly the same.)
I handle each one on a case-by-case basis. Some look better as logos on a solid background or a gradient or pattern inline with the box art or colours typically associated with that game. Other times it's better to incorporate the box art or some other official art.

Those icons aren't bad but the logos are kind of just slapped on top of the box art. I find it's best to try and avoid covering faces, which may involve resizing the logo (I wouldn't go too small, try to keep it as the main focus) and moving the artwork around and resizing it, maybe even rotating it slightly, or making it smaller and fading it into the colour of the background or something, whatever work for that particular art and logo.

If you want you can link me to the logo and box art images you used for Donkey Kong and I'll show you what I mean.
Glad I'm not the only one posting in here!

XyberDAWG

The other one I am wondering is should Retro Achievements have the system logo somewhere. Because some games are available MultiPlatform on RA. So do we think they should have the system on the logo, either the system logo, or a mini system icon?