• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.
  • If your profile is showing up as Not Ranked, please review our rules page and follow the appeal process detailed there.

Game shows twice

Sachifus

Hi!

Hope you're all right. I just noticed that the game "Call of Duty: Black Ops II" is showing twice on my profile.

Screenshot.png

The second instance of the game, without any achievements, isn't clickable. I can't access the game page through this one.
I remembered playing that game (which is a Xbox 360 game) via my Xbox One and the retrocompatibilty system one day.
Do you think that's the reason why the game is showing twice? Thank you!

Have a nice day

Last edited:

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Yeah, it likely has something to do with the backwards compatibility. These have a different game ID but usually it is mapped to the original Xbox 360 listing, this one wasn't. When I scan your profile now, that other instance isn't showing up at all, so might've been an issue on Microsoft's side at the time.

I just removed the duplicate game from all profiles, will do some more testing if it returns.

Sachifus

Hello,

Same problem today with "GTA San Andreas". Looks like it's random. Sometimes it's okay, sometimes games appears twice due to the backward compatibility.

Screenshot.png

Best regards

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Can you try starting one of the backwards compatibility games again?

It does seem to be happening randomly, but I can't reproduce it so far. When I run a scan to check the duplicate game is never there, so after certain amount of time they appear to drop off of the list returned from the Xbox API.

Try forcing a scan when you have the game open, too. I wonder if they show up only when a user is actually playing the game.