• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Multi Games that are fun to 100%?

zypsilon

Hi all,

My first post here, hope this hasn't been covered recently.

What games have you found fun to 100%? Fun in this case means reasonably challenging and varied, so not too difficult or too grindy. For example, I can think of Half-Life 2 or Freedom Planet. Thanks for helping.

CaptainScarLeg

Staff member
Game Info Editor
I wouldn't really call it challenging or varied (you can blast through it in an hour) but I always find PAC-MAN Championship Edition DX fun to 100%. It's just a hell of a fun little game, probably the best version of PAC-MAN ever made honestly.

More recently I found Team Sonic Racing satisfying to complete. It's mostly fairly easy once you get the hang of the game, though some of the challenge races (where you have to collect rings, avoid obstacles, destroy targets, etc) can offer a bit of a challenge, that and some of the objectives to earn keys. Sometimes your AI teammates just can't keep up with you and make you lose some of the expert grand prix races but once you figure out how to hold yourself back just enough to help them keep up but still win you'll get those done in a few attempts.

Oh, I got it. Pokémon Red/Blue. That's definitely my favourite set I've completed. It makes you dig deeper into the different mechanics of the game and the smogon challenges make gym battles more interesting. Highly recommend the walkthroughs on bulbapedia so you don't miss any items and know where all the different Pokémon are. You can go old school and play the whole game at normal speed or use the fast-forward feature in RetroArch to massively cut down on grinding. It'll take a while either way though.

Yeah, can't recommend Red/Blue enough, the achievement set made me develop an even greater appreciation for the original Pokémon games than I already had.

Pokémon Sapphire is very good too, as I'm sure most of the Pokémon sets are.

Banancher

I've never liked any of Assassin's Creed games, but for some reason i decided to buy the whole pack last year on steam sale and now after getting COVID-19 it turned out to be a great opportunity to try this series from 2 (could not resist boredom of 1st game) and it is actually pretty fun and achievements feel easy but you actually get a sense of completing the game.

I'd agree that Half-life and it's episodes are fun to complete because there are lots of situative achievements those that in order to complete you have to change the way you play. I'd like to mention Black Mesa because it actually does pretty similar things and it is great

Not really a 100% but i must say that Starcraft 2 Singleplayer achievements are sort of like Half-life 2. There tons of fun achievements requiring you to do missions in a specific way, not only that but recently they have added new sets of cool achievements for all single player campaigns and it is a blast to come back and finish this masterpiece again.
Another game i really liked getting 100% recently is Burnout Paradise Remastered. It is grindy (especially the multiplayer part) but that was one of the most fun i've had in racing games in years. It actually encourages you to get full lobby of dedicated people and it is such a relief when after hours of hard work trying to gather people in the same lobby, make em all do everything right, you are done and can just have fun in this awesome game.

KGBc00L

I like this question. 👍 To achieve what you are asking for is a tremendous feat by any measure, and I thought for a long time that no game had ever achieved "100 % fun" (which I guess is a prerequisite to be fun to 100% achievement completion as well). I can, in hindsight, think of some games that I felt had a very nice progression without halting my game flow to the point of irreversibel frustration. Civilization series comes to mind, at least for the play throughs needed to get a firm grip of the game (after which the game feels unbalanced, yielding a boring end game). Also, watching my son play Portal gave me an impression of a game of near perfection. When it comes to technical skill games, there are games that give you a sense of achievement through "100% fun" gameplay. For me, I have WipEout HD and Rocket League in that category. (Others might have FIFA-series, or Bloodborne, giving them the same sense of progressive achievement.) Sometimes low expectations might give you a pleasant surprise, and you wonder if a game could have been perfect, if released with bravour some years earlier, like the largely obscure Largo Winch (2002). (I only knew Largo Winch though the comic which I thoroughly enjoyed at the time.) I really enjoyed how you can play this game casually with nice puzzle breaks throughout the story. And I am sure there are many forever lost gems out there, that missed their opportunity to shine. At last, there are games that delivers on a great premise, who just need a mod to be perfect, again and again (Minecraft, PUBG). So the mod scene is now turning potentially every game into a perfect game, for some people at least! 😃 The problem with achievements, though, is that almost in every respect, achievements is not rewarding your individual progressive learning curve, so you won't have 100% after either completing a game, even if it was 100% fun and could not have been better, nor after achieving 100% gameplay mastery. Instead, trophy designers pursue the risky business of trying to extend replay value by challenges. For me, WipEout nailed this (I know many thought it too hard), where as Rocket League was way too easy. For story games, I really have to block out the game and focus solely on the meta game of trophy hunting, which is hard to do. Assassin's Creed 2 did, in my mind, suffer from the trophy design. Games not too bound to stories can gain, which I think is the case for Minecraft. So I conclude with WipEout HD and Minecraft as my best candidates as the most 100% fun games, that include 100% fun trophy hunting.

Lancerer

Last edited:

PuFf3rL1GhTy

Hi all,

My first post here, hope this hasn't been covered recently.

What games have you found fun to 100%? Fun in this case means reasonably challenging and varied, so not too difficult or too grindy. For example, I can think of Half-Life 2 or Freedom Planet. Thanks for helping.
Getting over it, really fun