• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

[GBA] Anyone have any experience with flash carts?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
It's getting annoying having a big pile of GBA games sitting beside my bed so I just wanted to get a single flash cartridge to keep in the GBA all the time and just save a bitta space really.

Has anyone here had any experience with flash cartridges for the GBA? Anyone give me any tips as to which would be the best to look for? Preferably something easy to use and cheap that can handle all GBA games out there?

I know I could just use gPSP on my PSP but sometimes there's nothing quite like playing with the actual hardware.

Hellcat

Contributor
I got two EZFlash carts for my GBA and they work like a charm.
Nice menu and cheatcode support :D

What also fun (IMO) is putting a shell on them.... but forgot the name of the one I used, too long ago....

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Looking about eBay or Amazon, couldn't find anything GBA related for EZFlash or M3 :\
That's a bit of a pity.
The closest I could find was a Super Card SD Slot-2 Adapter for NDS and NDS Lite on dealextreme but I don't know how good that site is and also, it's sold out at the moment. According to user reviews though, it works well with GBAs despite being marketed as DS (it uses slot2)

EDIT: Bit more research turns up a discussion back in July 08 about which was the best cart and apparently it was a tie between EZ-Flash IV and M3 MicroSD...still can't find anywhere that sell either of them.