• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 2 *SPOILERS*

Gutya

We can use this topic to talk about spoilers leaving the other topic to talk about non spoiler stuff which allows people who don't have the game yet to read it.

Last level I did was inside the giant worm, that was such a great level. Really enjoyed it.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Gutya said:
We can use this topic to talk about spoilers leaving the other topic to talk about non spoiler stuff which allows people who don't have the game yet to read it.

Last level I did was inside the giant worm, that was such a great level. Really enjoyed it.
Im currently going underground for the second helping of own on the locust :p
Act 3 Chapter 5 i think ... just got Tanks For Memories so that means i beat Chapter 4.
P.S-
What difficulty you lads on?

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
Gutya said:

Im currently going underground for the second helping of own on the locust :p
Act 3 Chapter 5 i think ... just got Tanks For Memories so that means i beat Chapter 4.
P.S-
What difficulty you lads on?
Im starting on Hardcore then moving onto Insane to do Co-op :)

twelve

I'm not dead
How's this game in difficulty compared to the first?

I really struggled on easy. But that may have been as I was very rusty at shooters at that point. The past 5 years or so before getting a 360 I had been very heavily into RPGs with slow combat.

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
twelve said:
How's this game in difficulty compared to the first?

I really struggled on easy. But that may have been as I was very rusty at shooters at that point. The past 5 years or so before getting a 360 I had been very heavily into RPGs with slow combat.
Difficulty...
Well thats a hard question really. If you play the game on Normal its playable and for someone trying to get back into shooters.
BUT if you are well into shooters and like a challenge throw yourself into the deep end and try hardcore on this. It may just be me but i have found Gears 2 a LITTLE harder than Gears 1 with some of the new enemys and such but when you get hold of the new weapons and some of the new finishing moves it all just comes back...
Beating heads with your fists FTW!

Granite

Hardcore Prawn
BIG ASS SPOILERS COMING IN NOW!!!

Maria (Dom's Wife / Girlfriend) is killed by the locust

The Locust queen knows Adam Fenix ... but im not sure how but im close to finding out.

Im just fighting Skorge now :)
Ayone think i should video this?

Nevada

I for one feel given the story, the ending could have been infinately better, as it happens i was left feeling 'what.. that was it?', waited till after the credits half expecting to see a little more that would backhand me and make me think 'oh shit!', but all i get is the menu screen again...

Disappointing, disappointing, way to ruin a great game.

Gutya

Granite said:
"we lost the light mass bomb"
how do you lose a fucking nuke seriously... seems rushed at the end lol.

It was in the second helicopter, the one that the Brumak punches and it sinks into the imulsion.

Still an awful ending though.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
Ahhh what a shit ending wtf. Such a good game, but why did they do such a dumb ending :(

Pokemanz master

Lowering your IQ
worst ending ever!!
I feel like I been cheated out of 70$>.>
The whole game was good up to the point of end.
I mean really, how can such an good game end it this way?
First gears of war game, and im am dispointed in epic.
edit- flooding the city at the end?worst idea ever!
I wanted fight that chainsaw sword guy at the end again, or something that killed everyone.
not some stupid flood.
edit2- the whole game feels rush, I remembered people beating this game on first night on normal mode.
If it wasn't for hardcore the game would had been shorter.
Hardcore just added like 5-20+ hour of gameplay depending how good you're.
Especially the ending felt rush