• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Gears of War 2

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, but there are a lot of modes to play which can be confusing. I know my first Execution was confusing.

Warzone is stright up deathmatch though with no strings.

Joey

Yeah, but there are a lot of modes to play which can be confusing. I know my first Execution was confusing.

Warzone is stright up deathmatch though with no strings.

Compare Gears of War to Left 4 Dead, Red Faction, Killzone 2, Resistance 2, or Battlefield (any of them), and you realize you have a very simple, straightforward multiplayer game.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
@Vanden - I would also suggest playing through the campaign once and then play a little Horde to get acclimated with how to move and shoot the shotgun from the hip.

@Joey - I wouldn't call it simple just because it doesn't have custom load-outs and classes. Without knowing anything about Gears multiplayer and then hopping into a Guardian, Annex, or Submission can be tough. You can't deny that there is a bit of a steep learning curve when playing Gears online and it takes many hours to figure out the nuances.

Joey

@Vanden - I would also suggest playing through the campaign once and then play a little Horde to get acclimated with how to move and shoot the shotgun from the hip.

@Joey - I wouldn't call it simple just because it doesn't have custom load-outs and classes. Without knowing anything about Gears multiplayer and then hopping into a Guardian, Annex, or Submission can be tough. You can't deny that there is a bit of a steep learning curve when playing Gears online and it takes many hours to figure out the nuances.

I'm not saying mastering the gameplay is easy, but the actual modes them selves are totally straight forward. It's either kill dudes, down and kill dudes, or stand in this circle and kill dudes.

Learning the best way to use the weapons, and the nuances of the actually gameplay, definitely, I'd agree. Hella steep. But there's never been a point, at least for me personally, where I didn't know what the main goal of any match of Gears of War is.

Seth

MD Party Room
I make sure to that abe. But I have to wait a bit I wait to get gow1 from my friends this tuesday.

Seth

MD Party Room
So I was playing horde for the first time today and I get a wired glitch where I dont get a gun just my luck lol Or so the other xbox live players told me

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Has anyone played this since they dropped down the amount of ammo you start with? Apparently you have to be a lot more selective with your shots now.

Sorry for the old bump, but I'm in the mood to start playing this again.

Sinfulfate

Has anyone played this since they dropped down the amount of ammo you start with? Apparently you have to be a lot more selective with your shots now.

Sorry for the old bump, but I'm in the mood to start playing this again.

I have and I've been playing so long I barely notice it. Sometimes I run out of shotgun ammo on longer matches but most of the time I end up getting a kill early on and just picking up more ammo which lasts me the entire round.

Sinfulfate

Title update 6 is coming with a ton of changes.

Social Xbox LIVE

* Adds a public multiplayer match option called Social Xbox LIVE (player matches) open to anyone who owns all downloadable maps (All Fronts Collection).
* Join Social Matches in progress and quit any time without penalty. Early quitters don't receive earned experience from that match.
* Social Matches auto-cycle to the next map without matchmaking
* Teams are rebalanced between matches based on XP level without splitting parties.
* If you quit your spot is taken by a bot until new players joins the match. Players can join while a match is in progress.
* If you join a match in progress you are assigned a team based on XP and party size.
* If you join a match in progress you replace a bot at the earliest opportunity: at the first bot's death for respawning game types (Annex) and at round completion for Warzone, Execution, and Wingman
* Social leaderboards become part of the War Journal.

Ranked Xbox Live Matches

* Public Matches are now called Ranked Xbox LIVE Matches to differentiate these from Social Xbox LIVE Matches.
* Improved host selection using bandwidth testing and previous hosting data.
* Before the match begins teams are balanced based on XP without splitting parties.

Custom Xbox Live Matches

* Renames Private Matches to Custom Xbox LIVE Matches and makes them invite-only.
* Adds the ability to join Horde sessions that are in progress.
* In Social Horde you can join a session in progress through matchmaking and you are able to continue your session from the last wave you failed without starting over.
* In Ranked Horde, you can join a session in progress only through invites.
* If you join a session in progress at the end of the session you receive the score you achieved during the time you spent in the session.

General Fixes

* Fixes an issue that could cause youru profile to be overwritten, erasing XP level and achievement progress.
* An issue that could cause a campaign save slot to be overwritten if you previously chose to continue without saving and then signed in.

Balancing

* Changes the Gnasher Shotgun pellet pattern to increase hit consistency.
* Changes the Guardian game type to select the leader based upon XP level (highest to lowest).
* Firing delays after roadie run and evades are reduced.

Gears of War 2 Title Update 6 Coming - Xbox 360 News at IGN

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Those all sound like quality changes. If you're playing and see me online, shoot me a message.

I also need to teach you a lesson with T. Hawk is SSFIV.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
FYI, there's a 31x XP bonus this weekend, so if you wanted to max out rank for the finale, now's your chance.

31x

MenaceInc

Staff Member
31x bonus? o.0

I haven't played it yet, kinda considering starting it just for that bonus :|

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
Yeah, I'll be blowing off the dust for a few rounds for sure. I've been looking for an excuse to fire this up again. I think I'm somewhere around the mid-50's.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Damn that's alot.

I lost interest in rank though because after one of the past title updates, my rank got reset for no reason. I never rank hacked or anything in that game.

I did play in the past 20x and 25x XP specials, and I got to about 30ish.

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
30x XP event for the entire week of E3. Sorry for the bump, but if you wanted to get your wings before Gears 3 drops, this may be your last chance.

I'll be online around 8:00 PM most nights this week.

androidkaita

Drop The Gun
So choked my disc broke :( I'd love to take advantage of this