• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

General Android discussion

RoBz

sucker
You'd have to get it unlocked first, other than that yeah it would be fine provided it's a GSM phone and not CDMA. I'm using an unlocked moto backflip over here on the 3 network.

xploren

Contributor
I recently became eligible for an upgrade, and I'm grabbing the Thunderbolt if it turns to be good as it's rumored (I'll still probably grab it anyway though). I seriously doubt a 5MP front camera, though.

Moose

Meta Moose
I was using my bro's Motorola Droid, very impressed with it, some of what's avaliable for Android is quite cool (I'm loving Swype right now).

I've used Swype since I got my Galaxy S. It makes texting and general text input so much easier AND faster. It takes a while to get totally to grips with but once you do you'll never go back to a QWERTY keyboard (not me, anyway, I hate having to hold my phone landscape to type).

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've used Swype since I got my Galaxy S. It makes texting and general text input so much easier AND faster. It takes a while to get totally to grips with but once you do you'll never go back to a QWERTY keyboard (not me, anyway, I hate having to hold my phone landscape to type).

I've been using Swype since its early days and have gone back and forth from using it. It's great if you want to type full sentences but I often found that it did not recognize some words or abbreviations that I use. The stock 2.3 keyboard is a huge improvement over previous stock keyboards and I have no trouble using it as my primary now. Swype is good but still has its quirks

Moose

Meta Moose
Obviously it has some downs but I think compared to the time I would spend usually typing and misspelling words on a QWERTY keyboard it is worth the time to add your own words and abbreviations (which you can do by simply typing them in like you would normally, which I'm sure you know, I'm just saying for those who might not have used it before).

Seth

MD Party Room

I hate Swype makes tpyeing my passwords and email so much harder than it really is, plus slide it is a better keyboard than Swype. Also swiftkey is by far the best keyboard on the android

Seth

MD Party Room

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
AndroidCentral
Phandroid
Droid-Life

Those are pretty much the usual three that I go to

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
+1 for Droid-Life.

KezraPlanes

Just some dood
Gaming on Android is really starting to pick up... I've been playing Game Dev Story and Zenonia and they're pretty cool