• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

General PSVita Discussion

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
My vita kept downloading a game I purchased off PSN when the screen went off.

It does, unless you force sleep mode by tapping the power button. At least, that's how it was in 1.60. Haven't tried downloading anything yet on 1.61. Hopefully they change this behavior as I have the tendency to manually invoke sleep rather than letting the power save options kick in.

football

It worked on 1.61!!!! I guess i have that tendency too. You are my hero of the day, X3sphere. I also hope they change that.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I haven't used a giftcard on PSN itself but I did use one on the best buy website and I purchased a $50 downloadable psn code that was emailed to me within 15mins

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Besides Tales from Space, Uncharted, Escape Plan... what other games should I check out that might fly under the radar. Got 40 bucks in my psn wallet. Or should I wait until something else comes out

football

Thanks again Robby, that'll work good enough for me.

I played the Gravity Rush demo from the Hong Kong store last week. That might be one to save for. I'll be keeping an eye on Mortal Kombat, Unit 13, Silent Hill and MLB: The Show for march releases. How are feeling about Tales from Space, that's one that I'm hoping to play at some point.

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
does anyone else feel that the start/select buttons are too small?

i find those two buttons to be a bit hard to press sometimes.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I had a dream last night that I bought a PS Vita.....I think my mind is trying to tell me something...

football

I accepted your friend invite raider, now i can see what your playing :p

How is Netflix working for you and how is the Unit 13 demo? My downloads got re-ordered so I ended up getting all the AR games plus Facebook and Netflix today. I should have it soon since I'm tethering through my phone until it's done. Looks like I should buy my games from amazon instead of downloading, I should cash out my swagbucks for amazon gift cards :D

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Screw it! I'm getting a PS Vita! It's decided, a new laptop can wait. Hopefully it won't deter me too much from my grad studies though....really have a lot of work/projects to do in the next month.

I'm coming to join the club!

Awesome, Frozen is joining the pack! I think as soon as people start seeing what the Vita really can do, they are going to want one. People I've shown it to are impressed, right of the bat. Like legitimately impressed, not that "I'm going to act impressed so he doesn't feel bad" impressed, real impressed.

I accepted your friend invite raider, now i can see what your playing :p

How is Netflix working for you and how is the Unit 13 demo? My downloads got re-ordered so I ended up getting all the AR games plus Facebook and Netflix today. I should have it soon since I'm tethering through my phone until it's done. Looks like I should buy my games from amazon instead of downloading, I should cash out my swagbucks for amazon gift cards :D
I was hoping you would realize it was me lol. Netflix, well, it works. The interface isn't very smooth at all, it kind of "chops" along if you try to use the touch screen, but luckily you can use the D-pad to browse, which makes it a lot better. iOS and Android Netflix apps have much better navigation. But once you get the Video going on the Vita, my god is it beautiful, really impressive. And with the earphones, it is top top quality.

Unit 13 is great too, only gripe I have is that the camera isn't over the shoulder, its over the head, so the character can take up a large chunk of the screen which can get annoying. Other than that though, it feels great, controls work, infinitely better than any other shooter on the PSP thanks to the right analog stick. It is really great.

Btw, if anyone is trying to add me, just PM me or something. I had to block people/messages from unknown accounts because I get a ton of spam messages/requests from Madden related things, due to my user name.

PR0fessor Burnt

So I picked up a Vita and Uncharted and my god is the game gorgeous. The only problem I've had so far is hitting the rear touch pad by mistake when I'm taking a picture or sniping. Other then that it's awesome.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Thanks again Robby, that'll work good enough for me.

I played the Gravity Rush demo from the Hong Kong store last week. That might be one to save for. I'll be keeping an eye on Mortal Kombat, Unit 13, Silent Hill and MLB: The Show for march releases. How are feeling about Tales from Space, that's one that I'm hoping to play at some point.
Tales from space is one of my favorite games. Reminds me a bit of Loco Roco. It's pretty fun. That game along with Rayman are both excellent games.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I think I'm going to grab Tales from Space. Keep hearing so many good things about it. Can't beat the price either :)

football

I have to decide between Hustle Kings + Tales from Space or either Blazblue or Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom. Has any played either of the two latter?

PR0fessor Burnt

Blazblue has more in-depth combat and is would be the better choice imo. MvC3's touch mode really takes away from the game's strategy and makes it to shallow.

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
I just started Tales from Space today. Game is quite good, might be my favorite Vita title so far. It's similar to Katamari but in 2D. Unlike Katamari however, levels aren't timed and there's more of a focus on exploration. It's really addictive, lots of different ways to tackle levels from what I've played so far and the physics can be fun to mess around with. Perfect for short gameplay bursts too.

football

thanks guys i'm gonna grab Tales from Space plus Hustle Kings with cross play for 18$, seems like the best bang for its buck for me. Short bursts of play, less than 30 minutes is my specialty and both games seem like that type. Now i can get Plants vs Zombies, Katamari or any great future 29.99 game and then donate the rest since it's a gift card and i can't split pay on things.

Does this site have a donation link?

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
PS Vita is finally coming in the mail today! Excited but I haven't bought any games yet. Will probably hold off on a few games and just try some demos or other downloadable games via the online store. I'm really just looking forward to playing LittleBigPlanet this summer!