• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

General PSVita Discussion

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
How's your Vita so far?

I'm loving it. Probably going to pick up Uncharted when I get the chance / time (demo was definitely enjoyable). The interface is certainly much better than I expected but hate how the UI is often inconsistent across games (you have to use the touchscreen to navigate through UC:GA menus).

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'm kinda disappointed that a FPS wasn't released at launch for the Vita. Finally a handheld with dual analog sticks and no FPS games.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I'm kinda disappointed that a FPS wasn't released at launch for the Vita. Finally a handheld with dual analog sticks and no FPS games.

I'd much rather have a title that has been through development longer than have a poor FPS title at launch. I'm willing to be patient for a good FPS title. In the meantime Uncharted is a pretty good third-person shooter to play from the demo though. Unit 13 also looks to be a solid offering.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I'd much rather have a title that has been through development longer than have a poor FPS title at launch. I'm willing to be patient for a good FPS title. In the meantime Uncharted is a pretty good third-person shooter to play from the demo though. Unit 13 also looks to be a solid offering.

Well since the Vita already has a couple poor games(Modnation, Dungeon Alliance, etc) I don't see why not have a FPS and I'm sure they could have had one developed pretty good from the announcement of the handheld. Best thing about dual sticks is being used in a FPS.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Well since the Vita already has a couple poor games(Modnation, Dungeon Alliance, etc) I don't see why not have a FPS and I'm sure they could have had one developed pretty good from the announcement of the handheld. Best thing about dual sticks is being used in a FPS.

Resistance isn't too far off from the launch so we don't have to wait too long for a quality FPS title.

I played the reality fighters demo, I know it's been getting a bad rap in terms of reviews, but it seriously impressed me. It wasn't necessarily the game play that impressed me. But the augmented reality portion was phenomenal. They did a really good job with it. Same goes for Cliff Diver and Table Soccer. I'm really impressed with the AR quality.

football

ill have to try Reality fighters then, i held off because of the poor reception. I really enjoyed the Unit 13 demo, i wish there was a team death-match multiplayer but I'm still impressed, I guess that'll be my wish for the sequel.

Robby

Los Doyers!
I hate all the applications since I can just use them on my phone more quickly.

I liked the AR games but I don't see myself playing them again. They were neat to see how the tech is, but I just cant see myself seriously playing them.

I HATE THE NETFLIX APPLICATION...

'nuff said

I'm not the biggest fan of it's interface either. It's clunky and a bit of a mess. But once you get a video playing, I must say it is quite gorgeous.

I wish Unit 13 had competitive multiplayer too, would have made the game so much better than it already is. Hopefully they'll release a update with it later on.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
anyone ganna install the VHBL when wololo releases it?

Just read a bit up on it and it looks like the only limitation is it's not available (the game that they're exploiting) on the US PS Vita store, they weren't clear as to if it was on the US PS3 PSN store - if it is then you can purchase it on your PS3 (do not install it though) and then copy it over to your vita for installation.

EDIT: Game is MotorStorm Arctic Edge, apparently you can't transfer the game over from your US PS3 account to PS Vita though

x3sphere

Administrator
Staff member
Enforcer Team
Game Info Editor
Just read a bit up on it and it looks like the only limitation is it's not available (the game that they're exploiting) on the US PS Vita store, they weren't clear as to if it was on the US PS3 PSN store - if it is then you can purchase it on your PS3 (do not install it though) and then copy it over to your vita for installation.

EDIT: Game is MotorStorm Arctic Edge, apparently you can't transfer the game over from your US PS3 account to PS Vita though

That's a shame, since cross-region transfers don't work, even from PS3.

Well, at least the game is different from the one I ran exploit code on. Although it doesn't mean much, since Sony can easily lock down the emulator more. Releasing this seems a bit pointless since it will be patched fairly quickly, and with the rate Vita is getting firmware updates at, who would actually stay on 1.61 for VHBL?

slicer4ever

Coding random shit
That's a shame, since cross-region transfers don't work, even from PS3.

Well, at least the game is different from the one I ran exploit code on. Although it doesn't mean much, since Sony can easily lock down the emulator more. Releasing this seems a bit pointless since it will be patched fairly quickly, and with the rate Vita is getting firmware updates at, who would actually stay on 1.61 for VHBL?

so long as it doesn't lead to the vita itself getting hacked, i don't see why they haven't already locked it down. from my understanding the exploit uses a savegame, sure, sony might just be waiting for a release, but they could probably extrapolate the current information being tossed around to discover the exploit themselves.

i guess time well tell if sony decides to move against an hack at the emulator level.

football

I'm not interested in VHBL enough to buy a game solely for that purpose, however, if I happened to buy a game that would make it work I would most likely give it a go. On another note I'm a little bit disappointed that no new games were released this week :(