• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

General PSVita Discussion

AndyMosh

2 Cups Win, 1 Cup Lulz.
I'm glad it is, that was big minus with the original, anyways how long do we reckon it's going to take to get hacked to bits? I'm pre-ordering it just so it has the first firmware. :)

Riorio99

The only issue I have with it is that the analogue sticks stick out. That's it. That's all I have to complain about. It looks bloody superb and the games so far look fantastic. Dozens of great features, too.

PR0fessor Burnt

The only issue I have with it is that the analogue sticks stick out. That's it. That's all I have to complain about. It looks bloody superb and the games so far look fantastic. Dozens of great features, too.

Same here. Really wish they went with concave analog sticks

Moose

Meta Moose
$300 doesn't seem too much to ask for the 3G model, either. I will probably pick one of these up to get me through uni. xD

I hope that it gets hacked quite soon after release, too, I really enjoyed the PSP scene when it was at its peak.

EDIT: The touchscreen control for Uncharted looked pretty boring if you ask me, but obviously I'm sure it will perform just fine on games more touch-orientated.

eldiablov

Contributor
$300 doesn't seem too much to ask for the 3G model, either. I will probably pick one of these up to get me through uni. xD

I hope that it gets hacked quite soon after release, too, I really enjoyed the PSP scene when it was at its peak.

EDIT: The touchscreen control for Uncharted looked pretty boring if you ask me, but obviously I'm sure it will perform just fine on games more touch-orientated.

The only aspect of the touch screen I thought was useful for uncharted was 'painting' the climbing route.

MenaceInc

Staff Member

+1 for getting hacked soon. Unless they allow homebrew of course. Would love to load it up with loads of great emulators. Wonder if it'd be powerful enough for a Sega Saturn emulator.

Robby

Los Doyers!
Gonna get one first day. 15% discount too for working at target and having a target card :)

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
I imagine it's powerful enough to do a lot of things

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
The touch screen elements in Uncharted aren't forced upon the players and that's good. The painting on cliffs worked really well though. It works better in a game like LBP where you can move the ingame elements .

Just pre-ordered mine off of amazon. Hoping by some miracle I'll be able to get it day one. Not to mention tax free and no shipping charge, $249.99 flat, it's a steal :D

Dan

Contributor
I've heard nothing but good things about Little Big Planet for it, though I've read reviews that state the groves in the band where your fingers go (whilst not touching the back touch panel), are very uncomfortable. Shed any light Frozen/x3?

Sir_Axxewraith

cant fux widdit
yeh i was thinking of pre ordering soon but I might just wait it out for a bundle and grab the Wifi one

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
I've heard nothing but good things about Little Big Planet for it, though I've read reviews that state the groves in the band where your fingers go (whilst not touching the back touch panel), are very uncomfortable. Shed any light Frozen/x3?

I didn't even notice and/or use them. I had my fingers on the back touch panel most of the time without issue

Hellcat

Contributor
Hmm.... kittythoughts about ngvita:

- Name: crap
- The Device: total win, will scrub everything else under the table
- Touch: imma touch fan, I like touching :D
- Haxx: yeah, (hopefully) quite soonish after release
- Pricage: fair! really can't complain (and if you do a search on ancient posts, pretty much like I predicted! :p)
- Getting: preordering it :D
- going to code on it once we get a HB SDK: ....does xmas fall onto the 25th?

MenaceInc

Staff Member
Hmm.... kittythoughts about ngvita:

- Name: crap
- The Device: total win, will scrub everything else under the table
- Touch: imma touch fan, I like touching :D
- Haxx: yeah, (hopefully) quite soonish after release
- Pricage: fair! really can't complain (and if you do a search on ancient posts, pretty much like I predicted! :p)
- Getting: preordering it :D
- going to code on it once we get a HB SDK: ....does xmas fall onto the 25th?

Christmas:
January 6 (in most of Armenia and the Armenian diaspora)
January 19 (N.S.) in parts of Armenia
and the Armenians of Jerusalem and the Holy Land
January 7 (N.S.)[2] (in most Eastern Orthodox and some Oriental Orthodox Churches)[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas

Hellcat

Contributor
:eek: OK, you got me there.... let me re-think that statement.... :argh:

But then again.... I think you got the point :D

Deathrow

I think I'll wait for the game line up for Vita. In the meantime, saying up for the 3DS.