• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

geoDefense Discussion!

geoDefense has quickly become one of my favorite games on the iPhone/ iPod Touch. I'm not going to lie, it should be number 1 on the top apps list.

Everything from the gameplay to the graphics are just outstanding...
But also, its hard as hell IMO.

I've beaten all the easy levels and medium level 1.
But, now I'm stuck on level 2 of medium. I've must have tried it over 25 times through the 5 or 6 hours I was playing it last night.

What I want from you is to know what your tips and tricks are for beating the hard levels.

I usually have 2 -3 vortex set up in good spots and use about 4-5 laser towers on all of the turns to really mow them down. Then I usually litter the pathway of a shit lad of bombers. Then upgrade everything. But I still haven't been able to pass medium level 2. PLEASE HELP!

Also, whats the multiplier for?

Colm

WHY MUST THE CREATOR OF THE HARDEST TOWER DEFENSE GAME EVER MADE TORMENT US WITH THE HARDEST TOWER DEFENSE GAME EVER MADE
*rage anger rage rage rage*

Don't get me wrong. It's an awesome game, but it causes too much rage.

I also don't like how the laser towers focus on the first creep in a line, so if that creep falls out of a line of other creeps that could be effected by the laser, it distracts it. It was possibly put in the game to create difficulty, but it still annoys me. Needs a target priority setting.

WHY MUST THE CREATOR OF THE HARDEST TOWER DEFENSE GAME EVER MADE TORMENT US WITH THE HARDEST TOWER DEFENSE GAME EVER MADE
*rage anger rage rage rage*

Don't get me wrong. It's an awesome game, but it causes too much rage.

I also don't like how the laser towers focus on the first creep in a line, so if that creep falls out of a line of other creeps that could be effected by the laser, it distracts it. It was possibly put in the game to create difficulty, but it still annoys me. Needs a target priority setting.

Its a wonderfully game and does get me mad quite often :pp

*Warning if this is your first time playing I am not responsible for broken iPhones or iTouches as result of this game*

:p

spike021

iPhone Developer (prev. PSP Dev)
I know the developer from the #iphonedev channel in freenode's IRC server. Believe me when I say that he planned it to be this way.

I actually bought it myself and apart from about 10 levels out of the 35 or so, I'm pretty much done. The first level in hard mode is the hardest for me :(

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM EST ----------

Tap an enemy and all turrets in its vicinity will snap to it specifically. :cool:

I know the developer from the #iphonedev channel in freenode's IRC server. Believe me when I say that he planned it to be this way.

I actually bought it myself and apart from about 10 levels out of the 35 or so, I'm pretty much done. The first level in hard mode is the hardest for me :(

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM EST ----------

Tap an enemy and all turrets in its vicinity will snap to it specifically. :cool:

Can you throw me some tips? :pP

Lol. Just takes lot's of practice. For a while, I used fully upgraded rocket towers throughout the map, and that was about it. Then I began to use the laser towers in the same way... just line a hell of a lot of them in one area and upgrade ;)

Yeah, I guess its a lot less strategy and a lot more of littering the map with bombers and lasers :p

-chw42-

Like a Boss
This game is way too difficult for a tower defense game...

Abe Froeman

Gamer Dad
Enforcer Team
I agree with the others. It's not fun at such a high difficulty. I'd rather spend my time wrecking people in Gears.

-chw42-

Like a Boss
I agree with the others. It's not fun at such a high difficulty. I'd rather spend my time wrecking people in Gears.

Better tower defense games:
Fieldrunners
7 Cities TD
Sentinel

ngmoco is coming out with a star defense game as well, looks very good, too.

This game has really nice visuals, but it's way too damn hard right from the start.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM EST ----------

No it isn't. You just need to learn the best strategy, trust me.

Which is what, spam towers as fast as you can?

spike021

If need be, yes. But it's only necessary once and a while. As long as you line up a good defense, you'll be fine. If you're on a slow wave that moves in a straight line, use lasers. If they're moving erratically, use rocket towers because they have splash damage and pretty good range.

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Better tower defense games:
Fieldrunners
7 Cities TD
Sentinel

ngmoco is coming out with a star defense game as well, looks very good, too.

This game has really nice visuals, but it's way too damn hard right from the start.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM EST ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM EST ----------

How about you play Tower Defense's on the platform they were made popular on ;) Grab a copy of Warcraft III and TFT (expansion) and there will be plenty of TD games to play - not sure if the iTouch has any "maze" TD's but you basically use the towers to construct a maze the creeps/monsters must go through.

TD's still have a lot of untapped potential on the iTouch/iPhone

spike021

How about you play Tower Defense's on the platform they were made popular on ;) Grab a copy of Warcraft III and TFT (expansion) and there will be plenty of TD games to play - not sure if the iTouch has any "maze" TD's but you basically use the towers to construct a maze the creeps/monsters must go through.

Warcraft?! :scared: TD games were invented on Starcraft. I must have hundreds of TD maps in my download folder still! Lol.

Robby

Los Doyers!
not sure if the iTouch has any "maze" TD's but you basically use the towers to construct a maze the creeps/monsters must go through.

iTouch = iPod Touch

Also, I make a maze with my towers on the iPod touch.

But this game is not fun for me. It's a little too hard where it spoils the fun. I like to enjoy my games.

Colm

Fieldrunners is a maze TD. Three maps of 100 waves on three difficulties. All that's in the maps are points of entry and exit though, rest is up to you.

EvilSeph

Administrator
Warcraft?! :scared: TD games were invented on Starcraft. I must have hundreds of TD maps in my download folder still! Lol.

Oh please, Tower Defense was invented on Rampart. Starcraft, Warcraft and Age of Empires had user-created TD maps after the fact.