• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Get the toolbar in Vista

B

Bizarre

Ok I just wiped out my harddrive (virus) and I just reinstalled everything, so my question before someone told me how to get the toolbar (file, view, tools etc) to show up on Vista for good. I forgot how someone remind me? :blush:

FrozenIpaq

Justin B / Supp. Editor
Enforcer Team
Go into Folder Options --> View Tab --> Tick "Always show menus"

At least that is how it is in Windows 7 (have to hit the Organize button first, then folder options to access it).

twelve

I'm not dead
I think it's the same in Vista except you press Alt to get the menu's up and then Folder Options is listed under the Tools menu.

Cryox

Bro.
Go into Folder Options --> View Tab --> Tick "Always show menus"

At least that is how it is in Windows 7 (have to hit the Organize button first, then folder options to access it).

yeah, same in Vista; you have to hit Organize -> Folder and Search Options -> View(tab) -> and then tick the "Always show menus"

B

Bizarre

Thank you guys.
One more question, what about IE8? Is it possible there?

twelve

I'm not dead
Simple solution to that. Don't use IE.

It's no surprise you got a virus and [strike]needed[/strike] chose to reinstall if you're using IE.

B

Bizarre

I know I know, but I havn't run into any problems yet.

Btw I figured out the IE toolbar.

B

Bizarre

There's a simpler version than that

Anything > IE8

Yes you have. You said so in the very first post of this thread.

"Ok I just wiped out my harddrive (virus)"

I'm actually curious what type of virus I got, when I turned on my comp it would load the log in screen then say "shell32.dll was not found, re-installing this application may fix this"

Is this common?

twelve

I'm not dead
What made you think that was a virus? Because it wasn't.

It was an application issue, as the error message stated. It could also have been fixed easily without reinstalling windows.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.

Anything > IEx

Yeah, I'm pretty that was a bootloader problem or what have you. I deleted my bootloader files once because I didn't know what they were, because they were just some files chillin' there at the root of the partition.

Anyway, needless to say, you probably coulda recovered it from the install CD..