• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Girl drops out of college because of Linux

Seth

MD Party Room
I found that story incredibly funny. Not because the girl is just human but because of the way the linux community reacted to it. Thanks for living up to the stereotypes.
Atlest I not alone and thinking this is funny..

I really found this kinda funny when you look up what ubuntu means...Humanity to others...

Also is it really that much of a shocker that I copy and paste alot?I will say it funny abe....

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Linux users are so fucking obnoxious... We get it, you don't have a life, stop harassing people who don't want their life to revolve around their computer.

I'm a Linux user (I use it exclusively), and I'm not obnoxious about it. I use it because

1. It's free
2. It's fast

eighty4

I'm a Linux user (I use it exclusively), and I'm not obnoxious about it. I use it because

1. It's free
2. It's fast

:/

Honestly, everyone here either has a computer that came with Windows or OSX, or is a pirate. I also don't see how an OS has to do with how fast your computer goes rather than RAM - unless you have a shitty PC and are limited to using that 500MB of RAM you have.

explosions

Jeez guys, my mom uses ubuntu and she's 52. >.>

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
:/

Honestly, everyone here either has a computer that came with Windows or OSX, or is a pirate. I also don't see how an OS has to do with how fast your computer goes rather than RAM - unless you have a shitty PC and are limited to using that 500MB of RAM you have.

It goes quick because the 64-bit version isn't silly high in pricing.

But yeah, all of the OS's have their pro's and cons, I just like this one the best, personal preference :).

That and I couldn't play any games if I wanted to, no video card.

eighty4

It's not just that. You started on the last page. Also, fyi, I'm posting from my MacBook Air if it provides you with any consolation.

Started what? That Ubunut doesn't qualify as Linux? linux is made for those who are stuck in the past and need a way to place them above people that use Windows or OSX to code - ubuntu just makes that process the same as Windows but with a different UI.