• Steam recently changed the default privacy settings for all users. This may impact tracking. Ensure your profile has the correct settings by following the guide on our forums.

Girl drops out of college because of Linux

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Started what? That Ubunut doesn't qualify as Linux? linux is made for those who are stuck in the past and need a way to place them above people that use Windows or OSX to code - ubuntu just makes that process the same as Windows but with a different UI.

Whhhaaaaaaatttttt???????

Get. Out. Of. This. Thread. Now.

I rarely say this, but that is STUPID logic.

Windows Seven even got it's little taskbar moving thing from the linux-originated display managers, they all can do it.

In addition, there is no way to prove your statement, considering windows is a blob of propietary shit, they don't release source, so for all you know it could be the equivalent of a two year old writing a 500 page book. Don't even talk.

In addition, the military uses it because it can do more than windows could ever dream of, kernel wise.

eighty4

Whhhaaaaaaatttttt???????

Windows Seven even got it's little taskbar moving thing from the linux-originated display managers, they all can do it.

In addition, there is no way to prove your statement, considering windows is a blob of propietary shit, they don't release source, so for all you know it could be the equivalent of a two year old writing a 500 page book. Don't even talk.

In addition, the military uses it because it can do more than windows could ever dream of, kernel wise.

I like how you just join. Then have the audacity to tell me to leave a thread. :laugh:

Also - I LOVE how Windows is shit simply because it's not open source. Tell me, boy-o, if Windows was open source how do you think they would get their money for the product? That is "STUPID logic".

Military is also not the average user, no one here needs to find the coordinates of a fighter plane etc. Honestly, your argument is so ludicrous it's almost like a 12 year old writing a book about flying unicorns.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I like how you just join. Then have the audacity to tell me to leave a thread. :laugh:

Also - I LOVE how Windows is shit simply because it's not open source. Tell me, boy-o, if Windows was open source how do you think they would get their money for the product? That is "STUPID logic".

Military is also not the average user, no one here needs to find the coordinates of a fighter plane etc. Honestly, your argument is so ludicrous it's almost like a 12 year old writing a book about flying unicorns.

I did not say that windows is shit. I said it COULD be shit(a blob of proprietary shit is referring to it being a giant piece of proprietary software), you do not know. I said that linux is NOT shit, and is NOT old. Quite the contrary.

I told you to get out because you had absolutely no backing in your argument.

Seth

MD Party Room
Whhhaaaaaaatttttt???????

I dont understand your logic at all.

Side note Windows is used in the whitehouse.

Dont turn this thread into a flame war..

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I dont understand your logic at all.

Side not Windows is used in the whitehouse.

Dont turn this thread into a flame war..

He started it by completely bringing this thread to the shitter by

"Oh Linux sucks because I SAY SO".

If you don't want any reasoning, then I'll leave.

and I said in the military, not in the White House. Military in general is much more sophisticated.

eighty4

I didn't say Linux sucks - lol. I said it was just a way for those to place themselves above Windows and OSX users. You can easily check a linux IRC chan or look at the community for proof of that. Ubuntu on the other hand does SUCK for the fact that it barely requires any thought to use or stand up to what Linux IS as an open source OS.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
I didn't say Linux sucks - lol. I said it was just a way for those to place themselves above Windows and OSX users. You can easily check a linux IRC chan or look at the community for proof of that. Ubuntu on the other hand does SUCK for the fact that it barely requires any thought to use or stand up to what Linux IS as an open source OS.

Yes ubuntu sucks, I can agree, but you insinuated that linux sucked.

Started what? That Ubunut doesn't qualify as Linux? linux is made for those who are stuck in the past and need a way to place them above people that use Windows or OSX to code - ubuntu just makes that process the same as Windows but with a different UI.

That might not have been what you meant, but that's what it appeared to be.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
Two misunderstandings - fair enough. I shall leave before me and my tired ass get carried away like I have done with FreePlay.

soha

:closedeyes:
Started what? That Ubunut doesn't qualify as Linux? linux is made for those who are stuck in the past

So windows is the future? T___T shitty future bro.

and need a way to place them above people that use Windows or OSX to code- ubuntu just makes that process the same as Windows but with a different UI.

I use Linux, I don't use it to feel superior to other people, I know that the majority of other people don't give a shit about it. I use it because its FOSS, because I'm able to put what ever I want on it, not worry about paying for software, wondering if the crack for ms office has a virus or if my antivirus db is up to date, having to reboot after installing something or being reminded every 5 minutes that i have to reboot for the upgrades to take place. I don't use it to flaunt my giant e-cock around.

time to masturbate to some loli....

twelve

I'm not dead
I disagree. Unless Microsoft manage to fuck up Windows 7 between now and October (doubtful as the Release Candidate is out April 10th) then the future is looking very good indeed.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
:closedeyes:

I use Linux, I don't use it to feel superior to other people, I know that the majority of other people don't give a shit about it. I use it because its FOSS, because I'm able to put what ever I want on it, not worry about paying for software, wondering if the crack for ms office has a virus or if my antivirus db is up to date, having to reboot after installing something or being reminded every 5 minutes that i have to reboot for the upgrades to take place. I don't use it to flaunt my giant e-cock around.

time to masturbate to some loli....

Likewise.

You can do whatever you want with it without worrying about a thing.

Colm

There really was no need to bring this thread up again. My two cents: Linux is an OS, those who defend it insanely are blind.

NoEffex

Seth's On A Boat.
There really was no need to bring this thread up again. My two cents: Linux is an OS, those who defend it insanely are blind.

I defend it as being secure because it essentially is. You simply cannot do anything malicious to the entire computer without root access. If you screw up a single user, you can boot with -s in grub/lilo and get to shell, then backup whatever you want, delete the bad user, and add whatever again.

There is no if's or but's when it comes to how it works. I wish windows would run that way.

spamsnake

I love Linux, and I use it as my main OS. But I'm certainly not elitist. If someone wished to start using Linux I would think that was great and I would try and help them. I don't understand anyone who wouldn't enjoy speaking about a common interest.